DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Key Thread Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive-27/)
-   -   So, I bought another civic....... (yep -- Part III) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/key-thread-archive/245276-so-i-bought-another-civic-yep-part-iii.html)

LX98Civic 10-22-02 03:12 PM

So, I bought another civic.......

Picked her up yesterday for $2,400.
The engine is not that great, but it runs. I just gave her a pretty nice tune-up: adjusted the valves, new spark plugs, cahnged oil and new coolant. Coolant flush is in right now until tommorrow. I don't want to put to much $$ into this engine since a GSR is going in shortly =)

First thing I'm going to look into for her are two new mirrors. Nothing really fancy / cheesy, just nice looking :thumbup:

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...62_26_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...62_25_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...62_27_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...62_29_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...62_28_full.jpg

Note where she is parked :D In the driveway. Parents didn't say anything about it. I have a feeling it will be in the garage shortly getting the transplant (B18C1) ....watch out Ricers, that goes for the mustang Gt's / Camaro Z28's too!!!

thejammy 10-22-02 03:14 PM

oh oh I smell bunk bed jokes ;)

criptik28 10-22-02 03:15 PM

Re: So, I bought another civic.......

Originally posted by LX98Civic
watch out Ricers, that goes for the mustang Gt's / Camaro Z28's too!!!
Dude, doesn't that make you a ricer too? :)

criptik28 10-22-02 03:15 PM

Originally posted by thejammy
oh oh I smell bunk bed jokes ;)
rotfl

LurkerDan 10-22-02 03:17 PM

Boy, that is one neat looking car!

LX98Civic 10-22-02 03:19 PM

Re: Re: So, I bought another civic.......

Originally posted by criptik28
Dude, doesn't that make you a ricer too? :)
I'll take that as a joke, since I will be handing many V8's their a$$es with this 4 banger :p

Easy on the bunk bed jokes -- Remember I have an 8k car that I can sell at any time and buy a house ;) ....just a thought.

X 10-22-02 03:19 PM

Re: So, I bought another civic.......

First thing I'm going to look into for her are two new mirrors. Nothing really fancy / cheesy, just rice looking :thumbup:

kvrdave 10-22-02 03:20 PM

Your parents must be so proud :lol:

renaldow 10-22-02 03:22 PM

Just think, that's about 6 mos rent in your very own studio apartment!

criptik28 10-22-02 03:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: So, I bought another civic.......

I'll take that as a joke, since I will be handing many V8's their a$$es with this 4 banger :p

Oh, I just consider people that fix up their imports (e.g. Civics, Integras, etc.) "ricers." That would have made me one too, back in college, when I fixed up my Civic. :)

LX98Civic 10-22-02 03:23 PM

Originally posted by kvrdave
Your parents must be so proud :lol:
Try to make a joke, huh? VERY funny :rolleyes: I could be one of the 30+ year olds that catch the city bus each day to work living in a nasty apartment complex :o

grrrah 10-22-02 03:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: So, I bought another civic.......

Easy on the bunk bed jokes -- Remember I have an 8k car that I can sell at any time and buy a house ;) ....just a thought.
I don't think you can buy a house for 8k.... don't forget property taxes, utilities, mortgage, groceries, assoc. fees, etc...

property taxes alone will cost you a civic a year. But hey, at least you will be able to get to your bunkbed .2 seconds faster than the other guy gets to his own place.

goofee girl 10-22-02 03:25 PM

Dude... you live in Atlanta, don't you? I need you to come and fix my car sometime.

j/k

Congrats on the new car! She's in great shape.

criptik28 10-22-02 03:26 PM

Try to make a joke, huh? VERY funny :rolleyes: I could be one of the 30+ year olds that catch the city bus each day to work living in a nasty apartment complex :o

93 Civic h/b -- GSR motor coming shortly for all the Ricers!
98 Civic LX -- work mobile

Hey man, it's not just about material possessions (e.g. how many cars you own). And there's something to be said for living in a "nasty apartment complex" IF you're struggling and paying the rent yourself, IMHO. I don't live in a great apartment, nor is it in a great neighborhood, but I'm proud because I'm the one signing all the checks to pay for all the bills.

RandyC 10-22-02 03:26 PM

Interesting you think you can really take a V8 sportscar with that? How?

Let's say for example a late model Corvette.

LX98Civic 10-22-02 03:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: So, I bought another civic.......

Oh, I just consider people that fix up their imports (e.g. Civics, Integras, etc.) "ricers." That would have made me one too, back in college, when I fixed up my Civic. :)
Nah, a ricer will have stickers, those chrome / red taillights (altezzas), chrome led wiper lights that ligth up at night (very cool :rolleyes: ), stickers, usally some kind of BIG wing, and they swear all that made their car fast as hell :(

I would hardly call a grocery getter that can run the 1/4 mile in less than 14 seconds a ricer :)

X 10-22-02 03:28 PM

Originally posted by RandyC

How about a '95? :D

criptik28 10-22-02 03:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, I bought another civic.......

Nah, a ricer will have stickers, those chrome / red taillights (altezzas), chrome led wiper lights that ligth up at night (very cool :rolleyes: ), stickers, usally some kind of BIG wing, and they swear all that made their car fast as hell :(

I would hardly call a grocery getter that can run the 1/4 mile in less than 14 seconds a ricer :)

True. I consider there to be two reasons to fix up a car:

(1) To make it look better (e.g. tint)
(2) To make it go faster (e.g. new engine)

The absolute WORST thing to do is to make it LOOK LIKE IT'S FASTER. Ugh. No, no no. :down:

BigDave 10-22-02 03:28 PM

I'm not really a car guy and don't know too much about the "rice" thing, but would someone try to put one of those huge airfoils on a h/b like yours?

RandyC 10-22-02 03:29 PM

Not to be nasty about it, but I think this will be lost on you. I would rather be the guy taking the bus to the nasty apartment, and I would have more respect for that guy too. In fact, I was that guy at one time. I could not afford the gas for my V8 Pontiac GTO drag car... so I parked it for a couple months and rode the city bus. To and from my cheap apartment.

But then, I also had sex and it did not involve my brother or parents. :)

criptik28 10-22-02 03:30 PM

Man, I wish I had an American V8 muscle car. Like a Mustang...mmm... *drool*

criptik28 10-22-02 03:31 PM

I would rather be the guy taking the bus to the nasty apartment, and I would have more respect for that guy too. In fact, I was that guy at one time.
:up:

I strive to be this guy, every single day. (Well, admittedly I don't take the bus to school, but still. :) )

LX98Civic 10-22-02 03:32 PM

Just for you buddy!

Honda Civic vs Corvette.mpeg

Right click, save target as, and enjoy...

Have a nice day :)

NotThatGuy 10-22-02 03:32 PM

But then, I also had sex and it did not involve my brother or parents. :)

You aren't from W. Virgina so I wouldn't expect it would involve them :)

-pedagogue

grrrah 10-22-02 03:33 PM

Hey man, it's not just about material possessions (e.g. how many cars you own). And there's something to be said for living in a "nasty apartment complex" IF you're struggling and paying the rent yourself, IMHO. I don't live in a great apartment, nor is it in a great neighborhood, but I'm proud because I'm the one signing all the checks to pay for all the bills.
Hey, we have been trying to tell him that for 3 threads now.. not only that, but his cars are civics...

And I also would rather live in my own nasty apartment and take the bus to work (which I do, but I still have a car faster than his civics), rather than share a bunkbed, complain about $100 rent, and look for excuses to neglect supporting my child.