Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

TAXI II in region 1 ( Quebec ) release date, anyone ?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

TAXI II in region 1 ( Quebec ) release date, anyone ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-01, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the topic say, anyone have the date of this release ?

Cannot wait to have this one in my hands !

Thanx
Old 02-26-01, 02:05 PM

I don't know but I don't expect much...

After seeing that France got a Taxi 1 Anamorphic with DTS/Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack DVD and we got it in Pan&Scan with Dolby 2.0 I was really disappointed... (I refuse to buy Pan&Scrap) It's just too bad because these 2 movies rock (talk about REAL car stunts!)

It's just too bad that non-French speakers in North America don't care about the movie because if it was the case I guess we could have the same quality release as the R2 one.

Je sais, je sais... je me plains!
Old 02-27-01, 08:17 PM

ne pas oubler que TVA ( internhahahational) en fait partie ...

one of my Parisian friend do not stop to tease me about that and that he already owns the II on DVD ...

talk about unfareness ...

Old 02-28-01, 04:29 AM

According to a thread in an other forum there will be an official DVD in Hong Kong with all the specs you want. It'll be regional coded for code 3 though.
Old 02-28-01, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Taxi 2 was originally released as a stereo, pan&scan disc in Hong Kong. Region 3 coded. However, a second Hong Kong edition has just been released. It is widescreen 2.35:1 (anamorphic I believe), DTS & DD5.1 and is region 3 coded. Check for info at http://www.asiandvdguide.com

It probably costs a LOT less than the French version as well.
Old 03-02-01, 08:05 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by ipkevin
However, a second Hong Kong edition has just been released. It is widescreen 2.35:1 (anamorphic I believe), DTS & DD5.1 and is region 3 coded. Check for info at http://www.asiandvdguide.com
Does anyone know where this can be ordered? I tried yesasia, but they only have the old version.

Cheers
Roolku
Old 03-04-01, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rooklu,

You can get it at http://www.dddhouse.com. They may not have the DTS version listed yet (I know they have the Pan&Scan version), but you can just email them requesting the DTS anamorphic title and they WILL add it to their website. They are very responsive to email and I have successfully requested many titles this way. The Taxi 2 DTS version's catalogue number is DTS 5531.

Regards,

Kevin
Old 03-05-01, 08:28 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by ipkevin
Rooklu,

You can get it at http://www.dddhouse.com. They may not have the DTS version listed yet (I know they have the Pan&Scan version), but you can just email them requesting the DTS anamorphic title and they WILL add it to their website. They are very responsive to email and I have successfully requested many titles this way. The Taxi 2 DTS version's catalogue number is DTS 5531.

Regards,

Kevin
Thank you, I will give that a try.

Roolku
Old 03-06-01, 04:47 PM

Bargain!

Both Taxi 1 & 2 are available at http://www.hivizone.com Region 3:

Taxi 1: $9! (Note that this one is released in Region 2 with dts & anamorphic but french only and much more expensive!!!)

Taxi 2: $11.5 (anamorphic+dts)

+ shipping

Both with english subtitles. Note you get a 10% discount if you already bought from them.
Old 03-07-01, 12:14 AM

Re: Bargain!

Originally posted by gggg

Taxi 1: $9! (Note that this one is released in Region 2 with dts & anamorphic but french only and much more expensive!!!)

No point to buy it if it is not in French
Old 03-07-01, 12:26 AM

Still no dates ( Region 1 ), anyone !!!
Old 03-07-01, 12:57 AM

No announced dates

Who even knows if this will get a Region 1 release anytime soon. Fox has optioned the rights for a remake so who knows what is going on with the two movies and their licensing now. The HK DVDs are your best bet, provided you have an all region player.
Old 03-07-01, 10:01 AM

Re: No announced dates

Originally posted by Furious
Who even knows if this will get a Region 1 release anytime soon. Fox has optioned the rights for a remake so who knows what is going on with the two movies and their licensing now. The HK DVDs are your best bet, provided you have an all region player.

I highly doubt the remake could be a problem. And the remake will probably be a bad butchered ugly remake like EdTV.
Old 03-08-01, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Re: Bargain!

Originally posted by Real Boba Fett
Originally posted by gggg

No point to buy it if it is not in French
The HK discs have the original French dialogue. He just meant that the French R2 discs, unlike the HK discs, don't have English subtitles.
Old 03-19-01, 09:39 AM

Taxis 2 region 3 against region 2

I just received the region 3 dvd of taxi 2. It's NTSC anamorphic widescreen and has DTS and DD5.1 soundtrack BUT:

the region 3 disc is a single layer and the video and ausio fit on "only" 4.2 Gb, whereas the region 2 dvd (that i also have) is dual-layer and the movie fits on about 7.2 Go. So be aware that the quality of the region 3 is not as good as the region 2 one. And it's not because it's a region 3 movies, cause i just got a Hongkong movie from the same company that made Taxis 2 (Universe) and this movie is DTS on a dual layer disc. I just bought the region 3 to get the subtitles for my friends that don't understand french... a shame that the french version doesn't even have the french or english subs (a lot of other french movies such as "les visiteurs" or "le dinner de con" have them an even the english soundtrack.

Garmac
Old 05-14-01, 06:12 PM

For anyone who would be interested ...

Release date for Taxi II in region I is June 19.

Don't have any info on the spec but sure hope it's better than the 1st one ( can't beat fullscreen non/anamorphic stereo surround 2.0 w/theatrical trailer as sole extra !!! )

Post if you have the spec for this title !!!
Old 05-14-01, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by DVDBest

Don't have any info on the spec but sure hope it's better than the 1st one ( can't beat fullscreen non/anamorphic stereo surround 2.0 w/theatrical trailer as sole extra !!! )

My guess: Pan & Scan and stereo
My hopes: Anamorphic and Dolby Digital / DTS 5.1
Old 06-08-01, 08:45 PM

Re: Taxis 2 region 3 against region 2

Originally posted by Garmac
I just received the region 3 dvd of taxi 2. It's NTSC anamorphic widescreen and has DTS and DD5.1 soundtrack BUT:

the region 3 disc is a single layer and the video and ausio fit on "only" 4.2 Gb, whereas the region 2 dvd (that i also have) is dual-layer and the movie fits on about 7.2 Go. So be aware that the quality of the region 3 is not as good as the region 2 one. And it's not because it's a region 3 movies, cause i just got a Hongkong movie from the same company that made Taxis 2 (Universe) and this movie is DTS on a dual layer disc. I just bought the region 3 to get the subtitles for my friends that don't understand french... a shame that the french version doesn't even have the french or english subs (a lot of other french movies such as "les visiteurs" or "le dinner de con" have them an even the english soundtrack.

Garmac
Where can this be ordered?
Old 06-09-01, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

?,

You can get it at DDDHouse.com, that's where I got my copy, quality was excellent and the shipped it really quickly.

http://www.dddhouse.com/cgi-local/pr...category_id=25

Hope this helps...

-Brett
Old 06-09-01, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by Brett
?,

You can get it at DDDHouse.com, that's where I got my copy, quality was excellent and the shipped it really quickly.

http://www.dddhouse.com/cgi-local/pr...category_id=25

Hope this helps...

-Brett
Thanks, just ordered! Nice and cheap too.

[Edited by ? on 06-09-01 at 10:34 AM]
Old 06-23-01, 09:40 AM

I got mine (Taxi and Taxi 2) in region 0!
Old 06-25-01, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by fandecine
I got mine (Taxi and Taxi 2) in region 0!
Region 0? Have verified that they play on a Region 1 player? If so, where did you get them? How much were they?
Old 06-25-01, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DVDBest

Did this really come out last week?

And do any of the "Taxi" releases (1 or 2) have english subs? I've found a candian version of "Taxi" that doesn't seem to.
Old 06-25-01, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Peep

I have a R0 Taxi that is WS (eventhough the case says it 1:33) w/ English subtitles and an R3 Taxi 2 (DTS) that is WS with English subtitles.

-Brett
Old 06-25-01, 11:59 AM

The new date is June 26th ( tomorrow )
Still don't know about the feature ...
Will post it as soon as i will have it in my hand !

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.