Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Good Sony Blu-ray player that does WiFi streaming and region free and 3D?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Good Sony Blu-ray player that does WiFi streaming and region free and 3D?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-19, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: Good Sony Blu-ray player that does WiFi streaming and region free and 3D?

Originally Posted by OldBoy
need help. please. i pop in a region A disc and error message says will only play Region B. wtf? do i have to do something to player? i only tried region free till today. thought it would play everything out of the box...
You have to switch it to Region A. On your remote, it should be color coded, just press the first button. I think it's the yellow button. That should switch it over to Region A. Don't you already have a separate BD player? My region A player is the PS4 and my Sony is my dedicated Region B player. I don't do any switching back and forth nonsense.

EDIT - Make sure the disc tray is ejected before you switch regions. If you decide to switch regions you will have to go back and forth whenever you want to do that.
Old 02-17-19, 04:44 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

yup that did it! thanks Blu! how would i have known that? nothing came with it that says that. so when i want to play other regions, just disc tray out and press yellow? it's not like a different color per region? how did you know to do that? can't even find anything online...

and no, this is to be my main player. just didn't think i had to physically do anything as nothing says anywhere that i do.

phew!

Last edited by OldBoy; 02-17-19 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-17-19, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by OldBoy
is there any indication on screen it switched regions? because disc tray out, pressed yellow button and got nothing...

edit...yup that did it! thanks Blu! how would i have known that. nothing came with it that says that. so when i want to play other regions, just disc tray out and press yellow? it's not like a different color per region? how did you know to do that?

and no, this was to be my main player. just didn't think i had to physically do anything as nothing says anywhere that i do.

phew!

Mine came with a manual, though. Glad it worked. Yeah, it's a rinse an repeat option. So when you switch it back to region B make sure tray is out and press the BLUE button. The red button is forRegion C: Asia (except for Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and other areas of Southeast Asia). You'll rarely ever use that one.

Also, you can also play region locked DVDs and the same rules apply in terms of color coding.
Old 02-17-19, 05:31 PM

awesome. and for region free like the 3D Ant-Man/Wasp, i guess i don't have to do anything, correct? thanks again. you're my boy Blu!
Old 02-17-19, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nope!

Old 02-17-19, 07:24 PM

You da man! And after looking at box and stuffing papers in box as thought they were just registration crap, there was indeed instructions to change regions. I just had no idea since not mentioned anywhere in reviews or on page. Pretty simple and wont even get many non A blus, not that I know what is good out there as opposed to here anyway. But, my other was crapping out on everything and Ant-Man/Wasp 3D from UK not playing at all was last straw and figured why not Sony and region free bc u never know...