DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Best 4K international blu rays (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/646112-best-4k-international-blu-rays.html)

papapauly 12-11-18 09:20 AM

Best 4K international blu rays

Picked up the Studio Canal Region 2 4K release of “The Deer Hunter” and it is a great set! Wondering if any of you folks can recommend any other really good international 4K releases?
Thanks
Peace

E Unit 12-11-18 09:23 AM

Re: Best 4K international blu rays

I'm guessing you mean it also has a Region 2 blu ray disc in the set? 4K UHD discs are region free worldwide.

Dan 12-11-18 09:48 AM

The ones I have:

- Your Name. from Japan. Anime. Excellent movie.
- Ghost in the Shell & Ghost in the Shell: Innocence. from Japan. Not amazing masters, but better overall than previous releases.
- Suspiria. from Italy. No HDR, but it still looks and sound great, IMO. Others are more picky.
- ZOMBI (Dawn of the Dead: Euro cut). from Italy. Euro cut is 4K (no HDR), and has the theatrical and extended on Blu-ray. All with English audio as an option. It's a nice set.

I've been looking at the John Carpenter releases that are available (The Fog, They Live, etc.) but haven't ordered them. I'm hoping for them to rerelease them in standard cases, and not those box sets or steelbooks. Some people on another site mentioned issues with The Fog.. not sure about the others.

papapauly 12-11-18 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13460009)
The ones I have:

- Your Name. from Japan. Anime. Excellent movie.
- Ghost in the Shell & Ghost in the Shell: Innocence. from Japan. Not amazing masters, but better overall than previous releases.
- Suspiria. from Italy. No HDR, but it still looks and sound great, IMO. Others are more picky.
- ZOMBI (Dawn of the Dead: Euro cut). from Italy. Euro cut is 4K (no HDR), and has the theatrical and extended on Blu-ray. All with English audio as an option. It's a nice set.

I've been looking at the John Carpenter releases that are available (The Fog, They Live, etc.) but haven't ordered them. I'm hoping for them to rerelease them in standard cases, and not those box sets or steelbooks. Some people on another site mentioned issues with The Fog.. not sure about the others.

Re:Zombi- it is the 6 disc set correct? Looks great! Can I ask if you got it from Amazon IT or how much you paid?
Thanks

Dan 12-11-18 11:26 AM

That's the one. It was EUR 35 plus shipping. I had other items I ordered, so my shipping price was a bit higher than it'd be if you just wanted the one item. Looks like it's listed at EUR 53.81 now from a 3rd party seller, so it may be out of print now. Not sure.

papapauly 12-11-18 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13460106)
That's the one. It was EUR 35 plus shipping. I had other items I ordered, so my shipping price was a bit higher than it'd be if you just wanted the one item. Looks like it's listed at EUR 53.81 now from a 3rd party seller, so it may be out of print now. Not sure.

Thanks for the info-