Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Goodies: The Complete BBC Collection

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-18, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Saw that this box had been released late last month, so it is available now. It's all nine seasons, plus special episodes. The Goodies aren't anywhere as well known in the States as their contemporaries Monty Python's Flying Circus, but they are equally good, just different. I've already ordered mine.
Old 10-18-18, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: The Goodies: The Complete BBC Collection

The box arrived. There were a few floaters, but I don't see any damage to speak of. The set is a brick containing 12 discs, 4 on the case and 8 on flippers. I sampled a few episodes and looks fine. Checked out one of the black & white episodes and they're watchable (and better than nothing). The discs are also much easier to remove from the case than the earlier Network sets.
Old 10-25-18, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Goodies: The Complete BBC Collection

At least the black-and-white episodes have had their long-missing censor clips re-instated (they had resided in the Australian censor's office for decades, and since Australia is where the B/W prints came from, the footage has always been missing until now). There were chroma dots, but presumably, it must have been beyond the budget for Network to have restored these episodes to colour.

There are a few music/clearances cuts, but the episodes are mostly complete (nothing is cut for controversial reasons, like Rolf Harris or Jimmy Saville references).

If you own the original "volume 1" and "volume 2" releases that Network released several years ago (not the reissues, but the original releases), you might want to hang onto them: none of their bonus features have been carried over.