Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

LES REVENANTS (2012 - France) - Lynchian "zombie" television drama - UK DVD on 9/9/13

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

LES REVENANTS (2012 - France) - Lynchian "zombie" television drama - UK DVD on 9/9/13

Old 08-14-13, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of you might recall the French zombie movie from 2004 - LES REVENANTS aka THEY CAME BACK. Well, it has been re-imagined by the French as a TV series - LES REVENANTS (2012). Season 1 consisted of 8 episodes and it has been renewed for a second season coming in 2014. The show aired in the U.K. and now it is coming - under the title THE RETURNED: Series 1 - to U.K. DVD on September 9th.

Those familiar with the 2004 feature film might know what to expect. I put "zombie" in quotes because if you are looking for a THE WALKING DEAD-type zombie fix, then this French show probably won't fit the bill. I'd go in expecting more slow burn "supernatural drama" as opposed to "horror".

Apparently the series has been picked up for English-language remake.

Here is a link to the official site where you can via some brief clips and such:
http://lesrevenants.canalplus.fr

And a link to an article at a general entertainment site - "5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching The Returned (Les Revenants):
http://whatculture.com/tv/5-reasons-...-revenants.php
Old 10-31-13, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BUMP

Starts airing tonight on Sundance Channel here in the U.S.
Old 10-31-13, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: LES REVENANTS (2012 - France) - Lynchian "zombie" television drama - UK DVD on 9/

Originally Posted by flixtime
BUMP

Starts airing tonight on Sundance Channel here in the U.S.
Thanks for the reminder. I'll watch it today since I have Sundance.
Old 11-01-13, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: LES REVENANTS (2012 - France) - Lynchian "zombie" television drama - UK DVD on 9/

Watched it tonight and liked it. Some scenes had a nice spooky feel to it. I'm not quite clear on the plot though. Seems like some of the zombies were there prior to the bus crash. The kid who didn't speak a word of dialogue was very effective. The plotline with the old man was intriguing as I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I almost didn't recognize Anne Cosigny since she had cut her hair short. There were a couple of other actors I recognized as well. I will continue to watch this.
Old 11-01-13, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

US blu ray announced for Jan.
Old 11-02-13, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I watched the first episode last night and really liked it.
Old 11-13-13, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by nitin77
US blu ray announced for Jan.
About time!