DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Journeyman: The Complete Series -- Only available in the UK (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/611359-journeyman-complete-series-only-available-uk.html)

DJariya 06-13-13 04:20 PM

Journeyman: The Complete Series -- Only available in the UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Journeyman-T...journeyman+dvd

This was released back in April in the UK.

The only reason I found out about this was that Kevin McKidd, who played Dan Vasser, tweeted about it last night.

Here are the extras:

SPECIAL FEATURES

FLASHING BACKWARDS - a comprehensive documentary about the making of "Journeyman" (75 mins)

THE BACK NINE - featurette that explores with cast and writers what might have happened on the series had it not been cancelled (20 mins)

PILOT COMMENTARY - with creator/executive producer, Kevin Falls, lead actor, Kevin McKidd and director/executive producer, Alex Graves

DELETED SCENES

STILLS GALLERY

You need a Region Free DVD player to be able to watch it. I have a region free DVD player. I might get it later on. Very underrated series that ended too soon.

MrSmearkase 06-13-13 09:06 PM

Re: Journeyman: The Complete Series -- Only available in the UK

Damn, why can't this be available in Region 1? The special features sound great.

b2net 06-14-13 04:03 AM

I was able to watch this on Hulu Plus when I had my free trial last year.... Great show...

Ropes Pierre 06-14-13 12:14 PM

:hump: Moon Bloodgood

jjcool 06-14-13 04:39 PM

Great, great show. Cancelled WAY too early.

b2net 06-14-13 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool (Post 11731677)

agree

Xiroteus 06-14-13 07:48 PM

I saw the title and thought FINALLY! Too bad their is no blu-ray yet I will take what I can get later down the line, there are many other shows I love that will likely never get a blu-ray release so it does not matter too much just good that there is an option for it now if one can play it.

Ravenous 06-16-13 02:04 PM

Big McKidd fan thanks to Rome. But that seems pretty pricey. I may still bite haha

ntnon 06-18-13 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by jjcool (Post 11731677)

Worse, if I remember rightly, it would have been picked up were it not for the strike...

I too discovered it was out in the UK a few weeks ago, and was re-reminded just how disappointed I was that it didn't appear just a few months later and run for years. :(

Xiroteus 06-19-13 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by ntnon (Post 11734701)
Worse, if I remember rightly, it would have been picked up were it not for the strike...

I too discovered it was out in the UK a few weeks ago, and was re-reminded just how disappointed I was that it didn't appear just a few months later and run for years. :(

I heard that if would have ended even sooner if not for the strike, now I wonder which one is true. At least it did not end on a cliffhanger and had a degree of closure, open ended yet I feel like I can own the series and have a good story.

TerryW 06-19-13 05:37 AM

I just re-watched this series a couple of weeks ago and it still stands up. One of my favorites. I think the reason it may be held up in the states is there are tons of songs to clear/replace. They have different laws in the UK for music in media. Unless, the songs were already cleared for home video in the U.S.

jjcool 06-19-13 06:50 AM

Why aren't rights cleared well before this point? This show was running in the DVD age. Why didnt someone think of that when the show was airing? This kind of stuff should be automatic. If that is indeed the reason this is being held up.

Xiroteus 06-19-13 05:15 PM

Could be something else as I thought all of that is rely with well before hand.

benedict 06-20-13 05:36 AM

Only vaguely aware of this show but it sounds interesting so I've put it on my wishlist.

And Amazon is the cheapest outlet I could find :D

DJariya 06-20-13 09:44 AM

This DVD being released in the UK was produced by Fremantle. FOX produced the show when it aired in the States (aired on NBC) so I wonder if maybe FOX sold off the rights to it.

Brooklyn 07-04-13 10:00 AM

So enjoying going through this series again, thanks to the OP for letting us know of its existence.

One thing I hadn't remembered was just how much music they used in the show. Every time he jumps there's a fairly big current song of the year he appears in as a clue/mood setpiece. I wonder if clearing the rights is why we haven't seen a region 1 release?

Xiroteus 07-06-13 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Brooklyn (Post 11754073)
I wonder if clearing the rights is why we haven't seen a region 1 release?

Since this was made in 2007 one would not think that would not be an issue and was taken care of when the show was made. Maybe they think it was limited market. Being only thirteen episodes it is mind of like a long movie so I find it easier to own because of that.