Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

La Habitacion de Fermat (2007) - Spanish mystery/thriller, now on R2 Spain DVD

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-12-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another one to consider for the forthcoming DVDGO sale...the Spanish mystery/thriller LA HABITACION DE FERMAT (2007) was just released on R2 Spain DVD in a 2-disc, English-friendly, special edition. A R2 UK disc is slated for mid-November.

Following is the IMDb link:
La Habitacion de Fermat (2007) at IMDb

And here is a link to the official site with a pretty nifty trailer:
La Habitacion de Fermat aka Fermat's Room - official site with trailer
Old 07-28-17, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: La Habitacion de Fermat (2007) - Spanish mystery/thriller, now on R2 Spain DVD

Hello. Sorry, I know this thread is very old, haha. This movie is a favorite of mine. I currently have the Blu-Ray (BD-R) from Vertice in Spain, and I see the UK DVD has additional extras over the BD. The Spanish 2-disc DVD from Manga (not the single disc from Vertice) seems to have even more extras, but since it's a Spanish release of a Spanish film, I was concerned it wouldn't have English subtitles for all of the extras. In your post you mention that it is English friendly, so I was hoping you (or anyone else) could confirm if the extras are indeed English friendly, and not just the film itself.
Old 07-29-17, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: La Habitacion de Fermat (2007) - Spanish mystery/thriller, now on R2 Spain DVD

After some further investigation, I'm pretty confident the Manga release does not translate any of the extras. If you compare the back covers of the single disc Vertice release with the 2-disc Manga (see below), it seems the Vertice release is a port of disc 1 of the Manga. I have the BD edition of the Vertice release, which ports the features from the DVD, so I was able to confirm that there are no English subtitles for the extras (only for the feature film). By extension, disc 1 of the Manga release is not translated either, and most likely nothing on disc 2 is either. So I went ahead an imported the UK DVD. Love this movie.

Single Disc Vertice
www*amazon.co.uk/Habitacion-Fermat-Disco-Langue-Française/dp/B004R1UXDC/

Two Disc Manga
www*amazon.co.uk/Habitacion-Fermat-E-E-Lluís-Homar/dp/B001LNTLLO/