Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Looking for some info

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Looking for some info

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-12, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for some info

Today at the flea market, I picked up a box set of 24 seasons 1-4. It came in a red box, at first I though it was a japanese set, then I looked and saw a company called deltamac on the bottom. I was going to list and sell it, but I wanted to get an idea of what it was worth and make sure it was a legitimate release. I tried googling and couldnt find any info on it. If anyone can give me some help please let me know. Thanks
Old 05-14-12, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forum, tarouza!

Deltamac is a company from Taiwan, but they also have a lot of Hollywood product distribution rights for Hong Kong...and I believe Malaysia, Thailand, etc.,...perhaps even mainland China.

What is the region code printed on the back of the box?

JSDVD.com (Taiwan release) and YesAsia.com (Hong Kong release) indicate that the show is coded for Region 3...if the Thailand release is from Deltamac then that is Region 3 also (and seems to be NTSC not PAL). At the same time, it could be a bootleg copied from the Asian releases. Really tough to know for sure.
Old 05-14-12, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Looking for some info

he doesn't say where he is from. If in the US and is not region 3 then chances are REALLY HIGH its a boot.
Old 05-14-12, 03:35 PM

sorry I live in Virginia, if it is a bootleg, then they did a real nice job with the set

It says ntsc on the back, on each disc it has a 1 on it. It is a 32 disc set, when i get a few minutes I will take some pictures and post them.

ok i cant post links/photos yet so i will type it out please copy and paste sorry about crappy iphone pics (obviously change the hxxp to http)

hxxp://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz127/tarouza/?action=view&current=photo.jpg
hxxp://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz127/tarouza/?action=view&current=photo1.jpg
hxxp://s820.photobucket.com/albums/zz127/tarouza/?action=view&current=photo2.jpg

Last edited by tarouza; 05-14-12 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add links for pics
Old 05-14-12, 04:27 PM

have you looked at the color of the discs themselves? The "data" side, not the "label" side. If the discs are a sort of blue color, then you have a bootleg, as that would indicate "burnt" discs.
Old 05-14-12, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

can you take a close up of the discs labels so we can see the printing and of the back box where all the writing is. my inclination is boot based on the fox label and the Region 1. a Region 0 I would have believed better. or even a "3" that not a 3. Also, inclined to believe it because of way the discs are on the case. seems suspect. with the little envelopes.
Old 05-14-12, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you put the discs in a region 1 player, do they play or are they region locked?