Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

International DVD Forum Area (enought to continue?)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

International DVD Forum Area (enought to continue?)

Old 08-11-00, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd vote for a stay of execution..

Q: What do you lose by having an International forum, albeit a rather quiet one..?

imho, if forums were measured on quality of postings, the international forum would rank quite highly - no "heres a cool bargain thats in a dozen other threads" or "please use my affiliate link" or other such white noise/junk.
Old 08-12-00, 01:11 AM
Fly

I think the area should continue...I myself check it on a daily basis and have picked up a couple of bargains. IMHO, if this Forum area manages to save a few people a little money then it is serving it's purpose.
To compare the International forum to the other forums is quite unfair as it has not been around a fraction of the time.
Personally I prefer to look through a quiet forum with most bargains posted being available to me than wading through a shedload of posts that mostly will never be of any use.

Just my 2 pence....

Fly

------------------
"You don't have to give me a reason to like you, just don't give me a reason to hate you..."
Old 08-12-00, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can see advantages and disadvantages both ways.

I'd leave it for now. Us people who buy and own hundreds of DVD's from overseas use it for discussions.

But...we can always just discuss this in the DVD forums too so I guess its down to you guys in the end.

Regards...

------------------
John 3:16
Old 08-12-00, 03:50 PM
Registered

Some good response to this thread.... Thanks I appreciate all the feedback.

One thing I'll ask from those of you who use this International Forum is to help spread the word.

If we're going to keep this area I'd like to see it really being used and you can all help by inviting friends and co-workers who like DVD to come and join you here.

Geoff
Old 08-13-00, 10:39 AM

I read the International DVD Forum Area for information on non US releases and bargins that members from outside the US get information on but those of us in the US would not get. I for one would like to see it stay.

The discussion seems to imply that there are a limited number of forums available. I guess that hundreds would clutter things up but do we need to delete a forum to add another? It would seem that an Anime ( or other ) could be added without deleting the International Forum or any other existing area.

Again, thanks to the non US members posting to the International area, I appreciate the heads up on non US info.

Thanks
Mike
Old 08-13-00, 02:41 PM

Hi all,
I'd like to see this forum stay!!! The guys on this forum are extremely helpul and friendly.
:-)
Old 08-13-00, 02:43 PM

Hi all,
I'd like to see this forum stay!!! The guys on this forum are extremely helpul and friendly.
:-)
Old 08-14-00, 10:02 PM

I agree let this forum stay as soon as i log on this is the first place i go to
Old 08-15-00, 02:30 AM

The reason that this place is not so busy is that there really is no new information here.

What we really need to have is some people nominated to update bargains relevant to all of us overseas.

I would volunteer myself but I am never sure when I can be back at this site regularly.

Beejay
Old 08-15-00, 03:28 AM

i say let it stay.

i use it to find stores that sell r2,r3,ect dvd's.

i got the first 5 season of friends on dvd because of this fourm.
i also found out about the prisoner on dvd(r2 of course)with extra stuff. i ordered that as well.

i'm also looking for alot of hong kong films on dvd...

so let it stay.
Old 08-15-00, 03:33 AM

Hi Geoff,

Keep this forum open for international members.

Thanks
Old 08-15-00, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for letting the forum stay, Geoff. It's done its fair share of reducing Bargain Forum clutter. Before the advent of this International forum, we'd see bargain threads like "Any Good Deals in the UK?", and the next day it would be "Any DVD bargains in Canada?", followed by "Which etailers ship to Europe?", then "Customs taxes in Australia?" a few days later. They would all get pushed down by the tremendous number of bargain threads, and so the next week it would start all over again with a new user posting "Any UK customers here?", not to mention the "Where's my order" Reel.com-DHL Worldmail-Japan threads that stubbornly kept rising to the top. Here, at this forum, posts may be few, but at least we know where to find them!

------------------
My DVDs
Old 08-16-00, 02:10 PM

It won't bother me if this forum goes. For local dvd stuff I look at other sites or a newsgroup.