Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Luc Besson's Taxi in DTS!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Luc Besson's Taxi in DTS!

Old 08-13-00, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After I've just returned from Paris, Fr for three days I bough one of Luc Besson's (The Fifth Element, Big blue, Jeanne D'arc) great movies on DVD; Taxi (directed by Gerard Pires)

The region 2 movie has DD5.1 or DTS soundtracks on board (where the normal Taxi only carries DD5.1) and the menu is spectacular; an interactive menu in which a Peugeot 406 races across the 16.9 screen with the speedometer going up and down. with the gitarmusic of IAM blasting through your speakers this is a movie well spent. There is the option of the Bande-annonce (trailer of Taxi), the Making Of, and an Internet Connection.
TF-1 releases this DVD and even though there is no English soundtrack option (but who cares; I had French class for nine years) it still is a magnificent DVD.

Taxi is the story of Daniel, who working as a pizzadeliverer finally has made enough money to fulfill his dream driving a car (as a cabdriver in Marseille) However Daniel likes to drive fast aswell which has a negative sideeffect when Emilien takes a ride in his Peugeot 406. He appears to be a policeinspector and faces Daniel with the option of either handing in his driver's license of assisting him on capturing the bankrobbers that have been terrorizing Marseille for some time. Daniel finally decides to help Emilien and the scenes that follow are marvellous.

The movie starts with Daniel as a pizzadeliverer racing on his motorbike through Marseille (with the famous Pulp Fiction gitarmusic) and along the way you'll notice that this movie is packed with great French action sequence and humor!

Taxi- TF1 video
Pal - Couleur - Dolby Digital 16-9ieme compatible 4/3 Cinemascope - region 2

Plans are underway for Taxi 2.

Old 08-13-00, 11:08 PM

are there english subtitles?

------------------
"no,its one of my favourite things"
Old 08-13-00, 11:22 PM

No, i am afraid not. Just French language and that's it.
Old 08-14-00, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thats just great man, where can i get Taxi in DTS , any online stores man?.Great movie and part 2 is now playing in cinemas in Japan, and it sure is fantastic, the way they drive.
Old 08-14-00, 05:00 AM

Try www.cinestore.com
I believe they also ship worldwide.
Good luck.
Old 08-14-00, 07:05 AM

Just as a FYI there is a region 3 release of Taxi with english subtitles. It lacks the DTS track but the 5.1 mix and pic are still very good. Should be available at yesasia.com etc. Hopefully Taxi 2 will be available in a subtitled form, hate relying on my french schooling.
Old 08-15-00, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry to bother you ErnstI dont speak or read french and i cannot order with them, well do you know any other online stores that have the title and in english website?