Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Region 2 rental pricing

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Region 2 rental pricing

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-00, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone overseas....I live in the US and have read the reports on this rental pricing nonsense....is there something all of us can do to fight this issue not only to stop it where you live but also to prevent it from happening elsewhere?? This cannot be good for all of us involved....I would appreciate any feedback on how it is currently affecting you all overseas and also if there is anything we can do here in the states to curb this new approach by the studios to squeeze the consumer for every dollar they possibly can!!!!
Old 07-10-00, 10:48 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I must say that the whole issue is non-existing for me. What's exactly the problem with Rental DVD's?

In The Netherlands I can rent Region 2 DVD's for NLG. 8 (app. $3.5) while a VHS costs NLG 7 (app. $3.3).

Maybe I completely miss the point?
Old 07-10-00, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I do not like renting my movies....I buy to keep and would rather have the ability to buy the movie once it has left the theaters instead of waiting a year or more as you do with many VHS movies before they distribute it for sale. That is basically my only complaint is that it will make all of us who buy to keep...wait longer than we do currently before being able to purchase any given movie!!! It is all about more money for the movie studios and the rental stores!!!

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited July 10, 2000).]