International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Where to shop for DVDs in Singapore ?

Old 04-17-00, 05:50 PM

Hi,

I'll be visiting Singapore in early May (from the US). Is there a shop where I can buy region-free HK and Indian DVDs ?

Thanks,
Old 04-18-00, 02:40 AM
Cool New Member

I have been to a place called Suntec City which sold HK movies. Not sure about indian ones. The prices are cheaper for HK dvds but not US dvds which cost around S$55-60.
Another place not to miss is the Sim Lim square also sells cheap goods. Really cheap.
Visit the place and you will know what I mean.
Old 04-18-00, 12:21 PM

The shop referred to by Paul in Suntec City is called BlueMax and is located on the second floor in the section between Tower 5 and Tower 1. You can also try checking out two shops located in the basement of Forum Galleria which is located next to the Hilton Hotel in Orchard.

As for Sim Lim Square (SLS), there is not much of a huge selection compared to the earlier places I mentioned but SLS is a huge computer DIY paradise as well as a centralized place to obtain "OEM" software..