International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

US ONLINE STORES...Who ship to UK?

Old 04-07-00, 06:31 AM

I regularly order my DVD's from US companies such as Reel, Express, Amazon etc. Now and again, coupons become available from companies such as Bigstar, 800.com and Buy.com. As far as I know they don't ship to the UK which is very annoying. Anybody have any luck with these companies or know of any other US stores with real cheap prices, reliable service and coupons??
...am I asking too much, ...probably!
Old 04-07-00, 08:36 AM

You could try www.euro.dvdexpress.com, they have a 10euros gc for a 25euro purchase, which isn't bad. I think they also convert coupons from DVDexpress in the States, and I do believe they have free shipping too...

------------------
" Well take your shoes off, you'll get 'em filthy in here.
'Scuse the mess only we can't be arsed to clear up. "
- Wayne Slob
Old 04-07-00, 10:54 AM

Barnes & Noble

They have tons of coupons available (example: $10 off of $10), and their international shipping is relatively cheap at $4.00 base and an additional $1.95 per item.

The only problem is that they seem to have a limited selection (131 choices as of now).

------------------
"Ho cakes! Who wants their Ho Cakes? I got Ho Cakes! Hos gotta eat too!"

[This message has been edited by ccoolidge (edited April 07, 2000).]
Old 04-07-00, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Barnes & Noble are one of the vendors covered at the mail.com marketplace, similar to BFL in that they will rebate your shipping if you spend $25 or more. There is some doubt as to whether or not you can apply more than once as another member said it rejected his second request. I should also say about Barnes & Noble that their shipping is cheap for a reason - it is incredibly sloooooow, it took them 3 months to get my copy of The Mummy shipped to me at the end of last year (beginning of this by the time I got it!) so only buy from them if you dont need it in a hurry. On the upside they have very good Customer Service and there always seem to be coupons around for them although all the $10 off $10s have expired at the moment, the lowest is a $10 off $25 and there are also plenty of $10 off $40s. If your eyes are a bit square, you could always order books from them, they have a very impressive selection and good prices especially in their bargain section and on Top 10 bestsellers.

More human, than Human