International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Play247.com ??

Old 04-02-00, 11:59 PM

I'm currently residing in the USA, after buying myself a DVDROM drive a few weeks ago I'm hooked on DVDs...
My average is about $8, not too shabby I suppose.

Anyway, I'm off back home to the UK in about a month. Been looking at some e-tailers over there, from 'dvdupdate.com', it seems 'Play247.com' is the best one. Cheapest prices and free shipping.

Just wondering if this is too good to be true, kinda like CD Universe where their service is shite.

------------------
---
" Well take your shoes off, you'll get 'em filthy in here.
'Scuse the mess only we can't be arsed to clear up. "
- Wayne Slob
Old 04-03-00, 12:19 AM
Banned

try www.encoredirect.co.uk. Better prices for R2, generally.
Old 04-04-00, 05:17 PM

I have been ordering from play247 for over a year now and I have to be honest. They are without doubt the most reliable on-line retailer I have ever dealt with. Discs are usually delivered within 3 days (often before official release dates) They are based in Jersey so they don't have to charge you tax. Each DVD is individually packaged with shipping included for 17.99 or often a lot less which means that the evil UK government can't take their share at customs. They are without doubt one of the best on-line retailers.

Jim
Old 04-04-00, 10:20 PM
Banned

I ordered from Encore Direct at 1am on the 14th, and on the morning of the 15th it was delivered. THAT is what I call service. They must have picked and sent it when they opened on the morning of the 14th! I don't care who takes their cut as long as I get the best price, and Encore were the cheapest. With Queer as Folk coming out at 13.79 that is 1.20 cheaper than play247, and from my experience I'll go with encore. I'm not against play247, they have unbeatable prices on older DVDs, like Blade, Long Kiss etc, (but I have them all on R1), but they aren't necessarily the cheapest for new releases. If play247 do something cheaper I'll buy from them...where they are the same price I'll stick with Encore for the swiftest service I've seen.
Old 04-05-00, 07:05 PM

Try www.dvdstreet.co.uk .
Prices are comparable with play247 and they have excellent customer service, and take about 2-3 days to deliver.
I can't fault them.