International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

The Big Heat (1988)

Old 07-31-10, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Big Heat (1988)

I used to own the deltamac version and it was uncut and I no longer own it and it's oop. Amazon has the tai seng version, i'm curious if it's the uncut version or not. There seems to be a lot of different versions of this movie out there and I want to know which ones are which. Thanks.
Old 08-01-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe roll the dice and chance it with the newer Joy Sales/Fortune Star release from 2007. The comparision at dvdcompare.net says it uncut, anamorphic, and has better subs as compared to the Deltamac release. The Tai Seng seems to be an even older release from 2004 if not even way back in 2000...would it likely be a port of the Deltamac (at best with slightly better subs)....not sure. I know that longer 98 minute runtime for the Tai Seng at Amazon might be eye-catching but is it accurate...later in the description there is another conflicting runtime mention that says 90 minutes.

The Joy Sales/Fortune Star version can be had cheap enough at around $10 and cheaper than the Tai Seng...I'd take a chance on that first...but then you (or someone else) might have some more information that I'm now aware of.
Old 08-01-10, 01:21 PM

Re: The Big Heat (1988)

You're right that runtime IS eyecatching. I had it ordered, then it went on backorder and I remembered all of em weren't the same and cancelled. Ok, so the Fortune Star version then eh? I will look for it, I just can't find this movie anywhere. The new and used on amazon has an uncut one but it's like 25 dollars and I got it uncut for 9.99 a while back. I know it's possible, i'm just going to have to wait. I think the deltamac version I purchased was on hkflix and it's now oop. I'm not sure where to get the Fortune Star version though?
Old 08-02-10, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I'd take a chance first with the Joy Sales/Fortune Star release (the one with the silver-bordered cover...the silver border is actually part of the slipcover). You can find it at all the usual Hong Kong DVD dealers - dddhouse.com, yesasia.com, dvdasian.com, etc.
Old 08-02-10, 07:37 PM

Re: The Big Heat (1988)

Ok I appreciate it. I wasn't aware of some of those sites, once I go to a site I get stuck on it. Like Hkflix. I need to branch out.