Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Taxidermia Special Hungarian Edition

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-21-09, 07:06 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone

Its my first message on this forum and it is about the movie Taxidermia. I would like to know if anyone knows how to find the Taxidermia Special Hungarian edition (the package its like a "meat case"). I don't know if anyone here are from Hungary or if someone have information about this set.

I really really want this set and i would be very grateful.

Bruno
Old 09-22-09, 05:17 AM

Re: Taxidermia Special Hungarian Edition

I gave some Hungarian online shops a quick look, but didn't see any special edition (could be that I was looking in all the wrong places, of course). What is it supposed to contain?
Old 09-22-09, 12:07 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by vili View Post
I gave some Hungarian online shops a quick look, but didn't see any special edition (could be that I was looking in all the wrong places, of course). What is it supposed to contain?
Thanks for your reply vili

Actually i already saw some hungarian websites but the special hungarian edition (2 discs) its only available in regular case (keepcase).

The edition i want is a 2-disc digipack with a exterior box like a "meat pack".
Old 09-22-09, 12:09 PM
Cool New Member

I have a photo of this digipack, but i couldn't post it, because I still do not have 30 posts :s
Old 09-22-09, 01:04 PM

Good luck on your search is all I have to say. I had to go all the way to Hungary to find a few of the titles I wanted and even then I couldn't find anything.

I noticed bootlegs seem to be the way to go in most of the country, dvd stores are practically non existent
Old 09-22-09, 01:57 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brunomec View Post
I have a photo of this digipack, but i couldn't post it, because I still do not have 30 posts :s

go over to 'Other' and add a bunch of smileys in various threads...
Old 09-22-09, 03:04 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Giles View Post
ahah
Old 09-22-09, 08:42 PM

It's OOP and will be very hard to find. Another member started a thread about it here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/internation...n-spec-ed.html

andrash send me a PM a couple months ago offering to get me a copy if I was willing to do an international trade. I already bought the UK import so I declined but it might be worth it to send him a PM and ask if he can still get a copy.
Old 09-22-09, 08:46 PM
X
Administrator

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles View Post
The person who suggests something like this should probably get the same thing that happens to someone who follows that bad advice.
Old 09-22-09, 09:17 PM

There are many on-line stores in Hungary, but they don't ship out of the country. Usually one has to have a contact in Hungary who's willing to purchase an item for you once you forward funds to cover the shipping costs etc. That meat packaging link no longer shows the actual image (but if you type the title Taxidermia in an Image Search you'll get to see one ).

Finally, there are sellers on Ebay who live in Hungary who might be willing to help you out if you write to them through their posts. Last summer I contacted the following seller on Ebay and he was able to order me a LE set from http://www.xpress.hu/default.asp?VID...48527831449822
(utlizing Paypal). Of course, be ready to pay the price for postage and price conversion etc. He is a very reputable seller and does special orders but if the item is OOP that's another story.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/HUNGOODS...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Hope this helps...

Last edited by TheDoug; 09-22-09 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-23-09, 02:19 AM

I happened to be in Budapest yesterday, and as I had some extra time while waiting for someone, I dropped into a couple of DVD shops, but none had the item. Sorry.

If you follow TheDoug's link, you'll find this special edition of Taxidermia, but no meat packaging. And as Doug says, xpress.hu won't post abroad. (But I could certainly help you with that.)

Originally Posted by takingchase
I noticed bootlegs seem to be the way to go in most of the country, dvd stores are practically non existent
In my experience that may have been true about ten years ago (which is when I first came to Hungary), but these days it seems that in most cities wherever you look, there's a DVD/CD seller.

There was this one chain that sold copied CDs and DVDs (together with second hand CDs), and they were everywhere for a number of years. Finally, a few years ago someone bust their business. Good riddance.
Old 09-23-09, 03:05 PM

I happened to be in Budapest yesterday, and as I had some extra time while waiting for someone, I dropped into a couple of DVD shops, but none had the item. Sorry.

If you follow TheDoug's link, you'll find this special edition of Taxidermia, but no meat packaging. And as Doug says, xpress.hu won't post abroad. (But I could certainly help you with that.)

In my experience that may have been true about ten years ago (which is when I first came to Hungary), but these days it seems that in most cities wherever you look, there's a DVD/CD seller.

There was this one chain that sold copied CDs and DVDs (together with second hand CDs), and they were everywhere for a number of years. Finally, a few years ago someone bust their business. Good riddance.

Really? I have family out in Hungary and I spent two weeks with them last summer, no one could seem to tell me where any dvd shops were located and I ended up searching high and low for the special edition of kontroll but all I could really find were stores with bins of bootlegs.
Old 09-23-09, 03:32 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks everybody for the answers

A friend of mine bought last week 3 of this digipack meat cases edition on xpress.hu.. but is the last ones, and i thought that other shops could also have it.

Now, the special edition on xpress.hu is a normal keep case :s
Old 09-23-09, 03:34 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
andrash send me a PM a couple months ago offering to get me a copy if I was willing to do an international trade. I already bought the UK import so I declined but it might be worth it to send him a PM and ask if he can still get a copy.
Thanks Jester, i will PM andrash
Old 09-23-09, 03:36 PM
Cool New Member

Hi vili, thanks for searching
Old 09-23-09, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by takingchase View Post
Really? I have family out in Hungary and I spent two weeks with them last summer, no one could seem to tell me where any dvd shops were located and I ended up searching high and low for the special edition of kontroll but all I could really find were stores with bins of bootlegs.
That's interesting to hear. Maybe I've been to the wrong (or right!) cities, then. I guess it varies depending on where in Hungary you were, and I must confess that I don't really visit local shops any more these days, as just about everything is cheaper and easier bought by ordering from abroad.
Old 09-24-09, 06:13 AM

I can't remember if I ever seen a boot in an "official" Budapest store. Dvds can be found inside bigger electronic- and bookstores (no "DVD stores" as such). KONTROLL will be available on Blu-Ray later this year, presumably with all the extras of the previous two-discer.
(Re. Bruno's PM) I no longer have it for trade, but I still see a few TAXIDERMIA meatpacks here and there - it is too expensive for me to do trades with it (unless You offer up enough R1 discs in return).
Old 09-24-09, 06:43 AM
Cool New Member

andrash you have pm.
Old 10-02-09, 06:07 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by TheDoug View Post
Finally, there are sellers on Ebay who live in Hungary who might be willing to help you out if you write to them through their posts. Last summer I contacted the following seller on Ebay and he was able to order me a LE set from xpress hu (utlizing Paypal). Of course, be ready to pay the price for postage and price conversion etc. He is a very reputable seller and does special orders but if the item is OOP that's another story.

Hope this helps...
I contacted this ebay seller and he found me one taxidermia set!!

Very good seller buy the way.

Many thanks TheDoug
Old 10-02-09, 07:22 AM

Great to hear that you got it, Brunomec!
Old 10-02-09, 07:30 AM
Cool New Member

Great to hear that you got it, Brunomec!
Thanks vili.

I am very gratefull to all the people here who helped me.
Old 10-08-09, 05:19 AM
Cool New Member

My Taxidermia set arrived yesterday.

Great edition of a great movie
Old 10-08-09, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYI:

Its out in the UK (TARTAN) 6.99 ...UNCUT DTS

Last edited by Dane; 10-08-09 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-08-09, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Brunomec View Post
My Taxidermia set arrived yesterday.

Great edition of a great movie
Why not post some pictures? I've seen photos of the outercase that looks like a meat package, but am perplexed exactly how one opens the package without ruining the external contents. Is this hard plastic with a hinge or some soft type packaging?
Old 10-08-09, 08:20 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by TheDoug View Post
Why not post some pictures? I've seen photos of the outercase that looks like a meat package, but am perplexed exactly how one opens the package without ruining the external contents. Is this hard plastic with a hinge or some soft type packaging?
Couldn't post photos, cause i don't have 30 post yet.. eheh

If you open the box you broke the plastic outside case forever. Not hard plastic, but not "regular plastic on meat cases" too.

Last edited by Brunomec; 10-08-09 at 08:27 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.