Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

FRITT VILT 2 aka COLD PREY 2 (2008) - Norwegian slasher - R2 UK DVD coming April 27th

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

FRITT VILT 2 aka COLD PREY 2 (2008) - Norwegian slasher - R2 UK DVD coming April 27th

Old 03-12-09, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I found the first FRITT VILT aka COLD PREY to be a very enjoyable movie. Granted it was simply a Norwegian version of a Hollywood teen slasher movie, but it was done well and the characters were very likeable.

The sequel - picking up right where the first one ended - was just released to DVD in Norway. But unlike the first one, the DVD for the sequel doesn't appear to be English-friendly.

The goods news is that FRITT VILT 2 aka COLD PREY 2 is coming to English-friendly, R2 UK DVD on April 27th. A two-pack of both FRITT VILT films is also slated for R2 UK DVD on that same day. Earlier this year, the first FRITT VILT was released to R1 U.S. DVD under the title COLD PREY.

Though the first one was a big winner with me, I have very modest expectations for the sequel. So I might even wait for the UK DVD to go bargain-pricing before picking it up.

Here are some links for the curious:
FRITT VILT II at IMDb.com

Official website with not too exciting trailer

Amazon UK pre-order for COLD PREY 2 - DVD
Old 03-12-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: FRITT VILT 2 aka COLD PREY 2 (2008) - Norwegian slasher - R2 UK DVD coming April

thanks flix...i think i'm with you on the waiting though. I found the 2-pack on Amazon.uk and it's 13.49GBP for the pre-order (around $20) for the two films. By itself it's 11.99GBP so you might as well go for both.
It's definitely your standard slasher, but I think the one area they outdid a lot of recent American slashers is with character development. They didn't feel like mere set pieces there for the kill, but like actual people.
Old 08-22-09, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BUMP

I suppose lame and unnecessary sequels are not exclusive to the United States. Despite modest expectations, FRITT VILT 2 still fell short of the mark for me. Nothing much of note happens during the first forty percent or more of the film, and unlike the first movie, this time was not filled by great work in building the characters and/or story. The vast majority of the movie takes place in a hospital setting. When the action/kills do come they didn't generate much interest...and maybe only a half dozen kills in the whole movie. Even with a modest runtime of 86 minutes, the script still felt rather barren. Also, I didn't really care for the cast in this sequel. Oh well, I can still look back fondly on the first one.
Old 08-27-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: FRITT VILT 2 aka COLD PREY 2 (2008) - Norwegian slasher - R2 UK DVD coming April

Originally Posted by flixtime View Post
BUMP

I suppose lame and unnecessary sequels are not exclusive to the United States. Despite modest expectations, FRITT VILT 2 still fell short of the mark for me. Nothing much of note happens during the first forty percent or more of the film, and unlike the first movie, this time was not filled by great work in building the characters and/or story. The vast majority of the movie takes place in a hospital setting. When the action/kills do come they didn't generate much interest...and maybe only a half dozen kills in the whole movie. Even with a modest runtime of 86 minutes, the script still felt rather barren. Also, I didn't really care for the cast in this sequel. Oh well, I can still look back fondly on the first one.

Thanks, didn't realize there was a follow-up, but looks like I don't need to bother.