Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Poland's YOUR NAME IS JUSTINE now available on DVD

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-03-09, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poland's YOUR NAME IS JUSTINE is now available to buy on Polish PAL DVD at http://www.artpopdvd.com/DVD/48574.aspx.

Anamorphic Widescreen
International or Polish DD 5.1 audio
English subtitles

I haven't seen the movie but it looks like TAKEN from the kidnapped girl's perspective! I don't know if an ass-kicking dude saves her at the end of the movie though!

Here's the English-subtitled trailer (France's Dominique Pinon shows up in this film!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfmemEkSR7k

Here's the imdb page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479257/
Old 03-24-09, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
toddly, did you get around to picking this one up? I'm going to purchase the Finnish horror film SAUNA from artpop, and I was maybe thinking of going for something else too so that SAUNA wouldn't be lonely in transit. I'm wondering if I should go for this or maybe that AKUMULATOR 1 movie instead.
Old 03-24-09, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Poland's YOUR NAME IS JUSTINE now available on DVD

I ordered this but I haven't gotten it yet. maybe if you want to wait a bit I could let you know what my quick impression of the discs are as I won't have time to watch it. I picked it up from merlin.pl much cheaper I'm guessing.
Old 03-24-09, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey BuddhaWake, yeah that'd be great if you (and/or toddly, or anyone else) can share your thoughts on it sometime. No hurry as it is not high priority for me, and I suppose I have some alternative choices lined up at artpop anyway. I've taken note of merlin.pl and will consider them if I do get around to picking this one up.
Old 03-24-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Poland's YOUR NAME IS JUSTINE now available on DVD

Originally Posted by flixtime
Hey BuddhaWake, yeah that'd be great if you (and/or toddly, or anyone else) can share your thoughts on it sometime. No hurry as it is not high priority for me, and I suppose I have some alternative choices lined up at artpop anyway. I've taken note of merlin.pl and will consider them if I do get around to picking this one up.
Well the big dvd at artpopdvd.com is TRICKS!!!! Poland's Amelie/Kusturica-type film! I just ordered that from them, and I'm so psyched to see it! and I would also get AKUMULATOR 1, since it's a pretty interesting flick..

I didn't order the Justine movie. I usually don't buy thrillers or surprise ending-type films (The Sixth Sense, Silence of the Lambs) on dvd, because they just ain't that great the second time around. The only thrillers that I have in my collection i think are Fight Club and Seven...I heard that SAUNA is a pretty good horror film, but that's another genre I don't buy on dvd. I just love seeing horror in the theater...

Last edited by toddly6666; 03-24-09 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-24-09, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666
Well the big dvd at artpopdvd.com is TRICKS!!!! Poland's Amelie/Kusturica-type film!
And the trailer shows hot chicks in short skirts...a promising start for sure!
Old 08-11-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I haven't seen the movie but it looks like TAKEN from the kidnapped girl's perspective!
I accept that it might be a bit apples and oranges to compare the two, but now having seen both - if I had to watch one a second time - YOUR NAME IS JUSTINE would be the easy selection for me. TAKEN was passable enough in providing a fix for the action junkie in me, but otherwise YOUR NAME IS JUSTINE is a much better film across the board. Too bad YOUR NAME IS JUSTINE hasn't gotten the exposure it deserves.

toddly for bringing this film to my attention!