International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

2009 Artificial Eye Aquisitions

Old 02-06-09, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

2009 Artificial Eye Aquisitions

From DVD Times:
Continuing in its tradition for releasing the very best of world cinema, Artificial Eye is pleased to announce the acquisition of several classic titles to enhance its home entertainment offering.

To coincide with the theatrical release of the remarkable The Beaches of Agnes, Artificial Eye has acquired the Films of Agnes Varda DVD Collection including: Cléo From 5 To 7, Vagabond, and Jacquot de Nantes.

To celebrate Michael Haneke’s eagerly awaited new film, The White Ribbon, Artificial Eye has added to its already impressive Haneke catalogue with Funny Games, Benny’s Video, The Seventh Continent and 71 Fragments Of A Chronology of Chance.

Also acquired for DVD is the Early Masterpieces by Ingmar Bergman collection, including: Dreams, The Naked Light (Sawdust and Tinsel), A Ship Bound for India, So Close To Life, It Rains On Our Love and the documentaries The Women and Bergman, and The Men and Bergman.

Together with these sought after collections, rights have also been acquired for Nicolas Philibert’s acclaimed documentaries Être et Avoir and Return To Normandy, and René Allio’s unique and original I, Pierre Rivierre.

The company is also delighted to announce the UK theatrical acquisitions of The Beaches of Agnes; the acclaimed Satyajit Ray Award-winning Mid-August Lunch; the vivid and cinematic Birdwatchers; and winner of the FIPRESCI Prize I Am Going To Explode (Voy a Explotar).
I'm particularly excited about the Bergman set. More details at the link.