DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   De Sica and Lizzani from Eureka (UK): 1/26/09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/545751-de-sica-lizzani-eureka-uk-1-26-09-a.html)

NoirFan 12-14-08 03:40 PM

De Sica and Lizzani from Eureka (UK): 1/26/09

From DVD Times:

Eureka Entertainment have announced the UK DVD release of four titles on 26th January 2009. Priced at £17.99 RRP each are two Italian films: Vittoria De Sica’s Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow and Carlo Lizzani’s Last Days of Mussolini.

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow is the 1964 Best Foreign Film Oscar winner starring Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastrio, the Italian neo-realist director of Shoeshine and Bicycle Thieves goes for a change of pace with this comedy anthology based around a trio of sexual escapades. Available on DVD in the UK for the first time ever, the film is uncut and in its original aspect ratio.

Last Days of Mussolini sees Rod Steiger lead an all star international cast as Italian Prime Minister Benito Mussolini. Available on DVD in the UK for the first time, the film is uncut and in a new transfer taken from the original negative. Extras include an interview with director Carlo Lizzani, the original trailer and a photo gallery.
Also on that day, Eureka will release Joseph Pevney’s Man of a Thousand Faces and re-release Kinji Fukasaku’s Shogun’s Samurai.

pro-bassoonist 12-14-08 04:32 PM

I will get the De Sica release as the old No-Shame disc is PAL-NTSC. Lizzani's R1 is acceptable.

Pro-B

PopcornTreeCt 12-14-08 05:24 PM

Will these be Masters of Cinema releases?

NoirFan 12-14-08 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 9132914)
Will these be Masters of Cinema releases?

No.

nitin77 12-15-08 04:38 AM

what's Eureka's track record transfer wise on non-MoC releases?

DVD Guy ATL 12-15-08 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist (Post 9132781)
I will get the De Sica release as the old No-Shame disc is PAL-NTSC. Lizzani's R1 is acceptable.

Pro-B

The R1 NoShame edition is actually quite nice, although it is now OOP and hard(ish) to find. The other available R1 editions are garbage from what I've read, so it's good to see another option for those who don't own this one.

nitin77 03-17-09 06:50 AM

Re: De Sica and Lizzani from Eureka (UK): 1/26/09

anyone get the eureka Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow? if so, what's the transfer like?

BambooLounge 03-17-09 08:29 AM

How are the extras on Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow? Anything missing that would make it worthwhile to hold on to the No Shame edition. If I am going to get the Eureka, I'd like to sell the No Shame first to off-set the costs.

nitin77 06-09-09 08:49 AM

bump, so anyone have the eureka YTT?