International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Amazon FR--Shipping Times?

Old 12-09-08, 08:33 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,231
Amazon FR--Shipping Times?

I was wondering what everyone's experiences have been with Amazon FR.

How many days (excluding weekends) does it usually take to get your order?
asianxcore is offline  
Old 12-09-08, 10:10 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mrhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,149
I've ordered from them exactly 6 times and it took about 6 days to get here for each order. I've never ordered more than 2 DVDs at a time, though. More DVD's might change the transit time. To me the service is on par with Amazon.UK. BTW, I'm in the S. Bay so were practically in the same general area.
mrhan is offline  
Old 12-09-08, 10:23 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,231
Originally Posted by mrhan View Post
I've ordered from them exactly 6 times and it took about 6 days to get here for each order. I've never ordered more than 2 DVDs at a time, though. More DVD's might change the transit time. To me the service is on par with Amazon.UK. BTW, I'm in the S. Bay so were practically in the same general area.
Yikes. Sounds bad on my part

Mostly because I ordered 1 Blu-Ray which shipped on November 28th and I haven't received it yet.

Maybe it being holiday shipping time has slowed things down?
asianxcore is offline  
Old 12-09-08, 10:56 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mrhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,149
Originally Posted by asianxcore View Post
Yikes. Sounds bad on my part

Mostly because I ordered 1 Blu-Ray which shipped on November 28th and I haven't received it yet.

Maybe it being holiday shipping time has slowed things down?
Maybe....I pre ordered the Wanted LE from Amazon last month; they shipped it out on the 1st. I just got it yesterday. Usually, it takes 4 days but for some reason it was slow and I actually paid for shipping this time.
mrhan is offline  
Old 12-10-08, 01:01 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,231
Originally Posted by mrhan View Post
Maybe....I pre ordered the Wanted LE from Amazon last month; they shipped it out on the 1st. I just got it yesterday. Usually, it takes 4 days but for some reason it was slow and I actually paid for shipping this time.
Hmm...

I went for the first method listed on their site for shipping. I think the cost was about 10-11 Euros.

I'm guessing that is for the slower shipping?
asianxcore is offline  
Old 12-10-08, 01:33 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Blu-ray.com
Posts: 10,380
Latest order: 9 days to Chicago.

Pro-B
pro-bassoonist is offline  
Old 12-10-08, 01:35 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,231
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Latest order: 9 days to Chicago.

Pro-B
Guess I just have to be more patient

If I figure out weekends, it hasn't been too long of a wait
asianxcore is offline  
Old 12-10-08, 06:55 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: On the penis chair
Posts: 5,169
amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr is pretty similar in shipping times. 1-2 week sounds pretty normal.

Amazon.de on the other hand... is blazingly fast. Of course, the 14 euro per shipment for the cheapest option does explains it.
eedoon is offline  
Old 12-11-08, 08:40 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,231
For Amazon FR...2 weeks excluding weekends?
asianxcore is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.