Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Alapage shipping costs

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Alapage shipping costs

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alapage shipping costs

I haven't ordered from alapage for several years, but they seem to have changed their shipping methods and costs. Can anyone veryify how much their shipping to the states is now, and if it works out cheaper to ship, say, several DVDs and/or box sets in the same order? Here's the bablefish translation of all their site says about internatinal shipping costs:

Delivery with the international one On the destinations with international, you generally have the choice between 2 modes of forwarding: 1) the Standard delivery is generally ensured by the post office with Colissimo 2) the delivery in the express train is asurée by Chronopost However, on certain countries (1) and for certain orders (2), only the express train mode is accepted. Important: To be able to send your parcel in the express train to you, by Chronopost, we imperatively need your n° of telephone, like any precision likely to facilitate the delivery (code of the building, n° of the door, stages, etc). In the absence of this information, your parcel will leave in postal parcel and the times of routing will be some lengthened of as much (see the detail). The perishable goods (grocer, wines, alcohol...) are not deliverable except Europe. The technical products are exclusively delivered in Metropolitan France. The possible custom charges or local taxes remain with the load of the recipient. (1) For the following countries: Cameroun, Ivory Coast, Venezuela and Vietnam. (2) the orders, of more than 150 euros, bound for certain countries are dispatched in express train mode.
Old 02-26-08, 05:37 PM

OK... shipping to the US:

It's done by how much the total of your order is. Normal shipping for an order up to 100€ is 18€, then up to 200€ is 20€, then up to 400€ is 22€, and over 400€ is 24€. For slightly faster post (Chronopost) add 6€ to any of the above amounts.

The above amounts are given excluding tax... but I expect as you're outside of the European Union you won't be liable for tax, whereas in the EU we are.

Hope this helps,

Dazza.
Old 02-27-08, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dazza
It's done by how much the total of your order is. Normal shipping for an order up to 100€ is 18€, then up to 200€ is 20€, then up to 400€ is 22€, and over 400€ is 24€. Hope this helps,

Dazza.
Thanks - that helps a lot.
One more alapage question: Where do you enter coupons for price reductions? I have one I want to use and have gone all the way up to the 5th (and I assume final) page of the check-out process where you enter your credit card information.... and still haven't spotted a box to enter coupons.
Old 02-27-08, 07:42 AM

When you've gone through the various steps to order and are about to choose a payment method, look out for "Saisissez ici votre numéro de bon d'achat ou de chèque cadeau" (it should have a picture of a little envelope next to it). Enter your code here. The total will be adjusted. Assuming there is still a balance to pay, you can pay the rest with your credit card.

Hope it works out!

Dazza.