Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW: 2008 - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW: 2008 - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-08, 09:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pjflyer
Is the $3 sale over? I got an email yesterday from them saying the sale would last 2 days. I was going to place a large order today, but now it's not taking the $3 off.
Hi pjflyer,
The discount isn't over until 1300 EST on Thursday.

There is a small problem with it at the moment in that the discounted price isn't showing on some pages... but when you click through to the Product Page or add something to the cart you will see the discount price.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'm on it!

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 06-04-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by koloughlin
Hi pjflyer,
The discount isn't over until 1300 EST on Thursday.

There is a small problem with it at the moment in that the discounted price isn't showing on some pages... but when you click through to the Product Page or add something to the cart you will see the discount price.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'm on it!

Cheers,
Kevin
I'm still not seeing discounted prices on product page or in shopping cart. Hopefully it will work for me before Thursday.
Old 06-04-08, 10:20 AM
Cool New Member

I have orders that still have not shipped. It's been 2 months and 12 days of waiting. I ordered it before the site renovation. Is there still hope Kevin??
Old 06-04-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by pjflyer
I'm still not seeing discounted prices on product page or in shopping cart. Hopefully it will work for me before Thursday.
Are you using the link in the e-mail? I found that it eventually stops working (i.e. if you don't order within a certain time), so you have to click on the e-mail link again to activate it.
Old 06-04-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by elvis_depp
I have orders that still have not shipped. It's been 2 months and 12 days of waiting. I ordered it before the site renovation. Is there still hope Kevin??
i'd say there is. After contacting Kevin (via e-mail), two thirds of a Shaw Bros. order i made waaaay back in December have finally trickled in - the third is still listed as canceled. Most of the pre-orders/orders i've made recently have shipped so, it seems that the site's getting back on track.
Old 06-05-08, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by elvis_depp
Sorry to hear that! It's frustrating.
Drop me an email with confirmation numbers and I'll check them out for you. [email protected].
Old 06-05-08, 04:02 PM

I had not ordered from CD-WOW in quite a while so I was not sure how the transaction was going to go. I placed an order for Red Dwarf The Bodysnatcher Collection last Friday and it showed up yesterday. That's 3 business days! They still don't have quite the great prices anymore but I'm sure I'll use them again.
Old 06-08-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received a $3 voucher in my email and managed to get Metropolis MOC for $13.95.
Old 06-10-08, 06:29 AM

Me too. I also used it on Masters Of Cinema: Edvard Munch. But the order confirmation email still shows the original price $28.50, instead of the discounted one.

Do they now charge it right after the order or before the delivery?
Old 06-10-08, 12:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wildeny
Me too. I also used it on Masters Of Cinema: Edvard Munch. But the order confirmation email still shows the original price $28.50, instead of the discounted one.

Hi wildeny,
Thanks for using CD WOW!

The price should have been applied in the shopping cart when you entered the coupon code. Did it show the reduced total there?
The reduced price should also have been displayed on the Payment page before you clicked to complete the order.

If it showed the reduced price in both of those places it should also have been on the confirmation email so it's a bit strange. Can you check your credit card account to see what you were charged?

Please email me the coupon code you used and confirmation number and I can check it for you. [email protected].
Thanks,
kevin
Old 06-10-08, 08:57 PM

I got rocco today. Very fast delivery.
Old 06-11-08, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hmm. I can't seem to be able to make a payment via paypal or with a credit card. I'm trying to order Rocco and His Brothers MOC using the $3 voucher. Tried with both Firefox and IE. I keep getting an "internal error" message when I try to check out after applying the coupon.
Old 06-11-08, 10:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wildeny

Hi again wildeny,
I just emailed you about this, but just wanted to confirm that you were charged the lower price of $25.50 so the coupon worked!
Thanks,
Kevin
Old 06-11-08, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chente
Hmm. I can't seem to be able to make a payment via paypal or with a credit card. I'm trying to order Rocco and His Brothers MOC using the $3 voucher. Tried with both Firefox and IE. I keep getting an "internal error" message when I try to check out after applying the coupon.
That's a strange one chente! Thanks for letting me know.
I just made a few test purchases using PayPal, google checkout and my visa card and all three went through OK.
I've fwded your problem to our IT guys so hopefully i'll have a response for you tonight.
Email me on [email protected] if you've any more info for me on this.
Cheers,
Kevin
Old 06-11-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kevin, are you planning on adding any other BFI titles to the Beginner's Guide to Cinema banner/sale?
Old 06-12-08, 08:41 AM
Banned

CD WOW! Happy Hour Sale

From 1200 to 1700 EST Today! www.cdwow.us

The entire site (ALL products) will be discounted in our Bargain Extrava-danza!

Any thoughts from you guys on our Guide to Cinema section? Any suggestions?
http://www.cdwow.us/movies/BeginnersGuide
Old 06-12-08, 09:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Kevin, are you planning on adding any other BFI titles to the Beginner's Guide to Cinema banner/sale?
Hi NoirFan,
I'll go through our catalog now and make sure all titles are in that list. I'll also ask our guys to try and add more to the catalog.
It's one of those things... the better these titles do for us the more we can add... fingers crossed we'll have all those DVD collections full to the brim in no time!
Cheers,
Kevin
Old 06-12-08, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by koloughlin
Hi again wildeny,
I just emailed you about this, but just wanted to confirm that you were charged the lower price of $25.50 so the coupon worked!
Thanks,
Kevin
Hi, Kevin, thank you very much for check this for me. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-12-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Admittedly, I've been as down on CD-WOW as anyone else around here, but I see that CD-WOW Kevin aka DVDTalker koloughlin has just been banned.

I'm curious as the timing seems rather odd. He has been posting here for a while now, and there seems a glimmer of hope that CD-WOW might finally be turning themselves around (not that I've been willing to give them a try quite yet). I mean gosh darned if you wanted to ban the guy it should have happened a few months ago (ha ha)...granted there might be other factors at play of which I'm unaware. Okay I suppose his posting here likely violates a rule about advertising, but again he has been here for some time now (though occasionally prone to an understandable disappearing act when things got really bad), and does seem to try and give back as best he can by considering advice from participants in this forum.

Might the powers-that-be shed some light on the matter...why now?
Old 06-12-08, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why is it acceptable for DVD Planet and DD reps to post here, but not cdwow?
Old 06-13-08, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Banned? What the hell? He's been nothing but helpful...
Old 06-13-08, 08:18 AM

I've reviewed his recent posts, and he certainly hasn't been banned for anything offensive. It seems a real shame to do this, as he was a line to the company, and seemed genuinely helpful.
Old 06-13-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by flixtime
Admittedly, I've been as down on CD-WOW as anyone else around here, but I see that CD-WOW Kevin aka DVDTalker koloughlin has just been banned.

I'm curious as the timing seems rather odd. He has been posting here for a while now, and there seems a glimmer of hope that CD-WOW might finally be turning themselves around (not that I've been willing to give them a try quite yet). I mean gosh darned if you wanted to ban the guy it should have happened a few months ago (ha ha)...granted there might be other factors at play of which I'm unaware. Okay I suppose his posting here likely violates a rule about advertising, but again he has been here for some time now (though occasionally prone to an understandable disappearing act when things got really bad), and does seem to try and give back as best he can by considering advice from participants in this forum.

Might the powers-that-be shed some light on the matter...why now?
bolded for truth and mind reading. if you were going to ban him it should have been months ago when CD-wow was going down the drains (not that they're floating now) but now when he has probably been the most helpful is lame.
Old 06-13-08, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was a thread in the Bargains forum that had been talking about the $3 off deal where he posted as well, and now it has mysteriously disappeared.
Old 06-13-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^^^ While we don't comment on why people are banned, I'll see if I can resolve this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.