Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW: 2008 - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

CDWOW: 2008 - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try this link for the time being.

I've been one of the biggest CDWOW supporters on this site, but if they start killing all of the voucher linsk, then I'll almost never buy from them again since that raises their prices on many things I'm interested in to the point where it's just not worth it anymore.

Last edited by Brent L; 01-10-08 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-10-08, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw that through Brent L's link posted above me that 4 Kurosawa Criterions are priced at $21.95. Not an amazing deal, but it's a good price for them.

They are:

Drunken Angel
Red Beard
Sanjuro (Remastered)
Yojimbo (Remastered)
Old 01-10-08, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
Try this link for the time being.
This link appears dead too.
I've been one of the biggest CDWOW supporters on this site, but if they start killing all of the voucher links, then I'll almost never buy from them again since that raises their prices on many things I'm interested in to the point where it's just not worth it anymore.
It would be interesting to see how CDWow will differentiate themselves from other etailers and compete.
Old 01-10-08, 10:16 PM

Did you activate the $2 off all products coupon cine? It's there if you scroll down some.
Old 01-11-08, 12:13 AM

Location: on my couch watching dvds of course .. where else ???
there is some discount but not as good as the old link .....
Old 01-11-08, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

CDWOW just cancelled by order for Curb Your Enthusiasm: S3 because "despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier." This is odd since they're currently offering the item. I think it has more to do with them not wanting to honor the $7.95 purchase price.

Kevin, any comment?
Old 01-11-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
CDWOW just cancelled by order for Curb Your Enthusiasm: S3 because "despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier." This is odd since they're currently offering the item. I think it has more to do with them not wanting to honor the $7.95 purchase price.

Kevin, any comment?
They just did the very same thing for Sword of Doom. Nice! just keep my money for 2 weeks and then cancel my order. They shouldn't be allowed to charge until they ship. I still think cd-wow is definately not back. Long delays are to be expected. just look at the Shaw stuff. and now cancellations too?
Old 01-11-08, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Super56K
Did you activate the $2 off all products coupon cine? It's there if you scroll down some.
Got it. Didn't see it the first time.
Old 01-14-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a heads up for those who ordered The Ladykillers, the dvd is in fact the FRENCH DUBBED version, i.e. a completely worthless piece of shit. No wonder it was only $2.99. Pretty shady not to mention this fact on your website guys.

Last edited by NoirFan; 01-14-08 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-14-08, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi

Kevin, any comment?
Hi Yakuza Bengoshi,
It's the first I heard that we've had a problem with this title. I can only imagine that we sold out of the title and then messed up by not removing it from the site. I just checked and the title is not available now.
I sincerely apologize for the hassle.
These sort of things are very annoying for all concerned as we're breaking our backs trying to rebuild the company and IT issues are making life very difficult. Sorry again that you were affected by this one.
Thanks, Kevin
Old 01-14-08, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Just a heads up for those who ordered The Ladykillers, the dvd is in fact the FRENCH DUBBED version, i.e. a completely worthless piece of shit. No wonder it was only $2.99. Pretty shady not to mention this fact on your website guys.
You're right Noirfan. This is a disgrace.
I've just emailed the warehouse to find out what happened and what we can do to fix it.
Thanks for letting me know.
Old 01-14-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Check out the bargain basement guys.
Old 01-14-08, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by koloughlin
You're right Noirfan. This is a disgrace.
I've just emailed the warehouse to find out what happened and what we can do to fix it.
Thanks for letting me know.
Appreciate that. By the way, do you plan on adding The Ear and Third Part of the Night? They seemed to be the only Second Run titles you didn't carry.
Old 01-14-08, 11:43 PM

The Party and the Guests is another Second Run title I can't find on CD-Wow
Old 01-15-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got two of those cancellation notices on Dracula AD 1972 and Ultimate Flint Collection after waiting nearly two weeks.
Old 01-15-08, 09:30 AM

Hi Kevin, I wonder if you could help me with this...

I was about to order Breathless (Criterion) when I saw that the price has gone up $5. A few days ago it was $25.95 and now it's $30.95. Do you maybe know the reason for this and if it will be corrected in the near future? I know the difference isn't huge, but I found the older price a bit more attractive...

Thank you for your time...

George
Old 01-15-08, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
I just had my Criterion Collection: Coup de Grace canceled as well, after 3 weeks. This is really getting annoying, but unfortunately, not unexpected...
Old 01-15-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

cdwow sure ain't back. i'll just wait for them to get back to normal.
Old 01-15-08, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by NoirFan
Are you saying yours ONLY has a french dubbed soundtrack? The copy I received has English and French. It looks like it's the Canadian release, since it has the annoying "Version francaise incluse" logo on the cover.
Old 01-15-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by andicus
I just had my Criterion Collection: Coup de Grace canceled as well, after 3 weeks. This is really getting annoying, but unfortunately, not unexpected...
Just had MoC Funeral Parade of Roses and MoC Shoeshine cancelled as well. Their explanatory email is a crock. I'll see what they come up with in the next couple months, but this is exceedingly poor service.
Old 01-15-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

ditto.
Old 01-15-08, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are you saying yours ONLY has a french dubbed soundtrack? The copy I received has English and French. It looks like it's the Canadian release, since it has the annoying "Version francaise incluse" logo on the cover.
Same here, logo on cover with English and French soundtracks. Minor gripe for $3.
Old 01-15-08, 05:44 PM

Same here. Really quite annoying. A minor gripe I have is that I used my Citibank debit card for my transaction and although I used WorldPay, I was still charged a "Foreign Fee" for my entire order from Citibank. So although it was a fairly small fee, it is still annoying....
Old 01-15-08, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cgray
Just had MoC Funeral Parade of Roses and MoC Shoeshine cancelled as well. Their explanatory email is a crock. I'll see what they come up with in the next couple months, but this is exceedingly poor service.
Same two here, along with Tartuffe and Coup de Grace. Kevin, this is is an exceedingly shabby way to treat customers, and the "out of stock" email is just insulting.
Old 01-15-08, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

especially when they keep your money for 2 to 3 weeks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.