Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Audrey Tautou's HORS DE PRIX (Priceless) English-subtitled Thai DVD now available!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Audrey Tautou's HORS DE PRIX (Priceless) English-subtitled Thai DVD now available!

Old 11-08-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audrey Tautou's HORS DE PRIX (Priceless) English-subtitled Thai DVD now available at www.ethaicd.com for 10 bucks!
Anamorphic. French DD 5.1. English Subtitles.

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=35055

Old 11-08-07, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I do not wish to deflate your enthusiasm but this film is as flat as you could possibly imagine. The humor is off and at times quite pretentious rivaling the worst Hollywood is known for.

If interested in a superbly performed French comedy with a strong dramatique aftertaste look for Resnais' Coeurs (in R1 land the film appeared under Private Fears in Public Places, great transfer by the way).

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 11-08-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Appreciate the notice toddly. I've been seeking an English friendly version of this.

Yeah, it's your basic mainstream French comedy, but for the record, I left with enthusiasm intact. Actually, I happened to have enjoyed this more than Salvadori's previous effort, Après vous..., Resnais' Coeurs and Veber's latest.
Old 11-09-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well, I have no desire to buy this movie. I'll wait for the eventual Region 1 DVD and just rent it. I do like Tautou, but not enough to buy every movie she's in. And concerning COEURS, I don't think i've seen a more painful trailer for a film in a long time. It looks like just another poor French film with a large French cast just sitting around apartments/bars and just babbling away.
Old 11-09-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i saw the movie on the big screen and it's RUBBISH.stay away.it's even worse than hollywood romantic comedies.i bet they are gonna remake it with Bill Murry and jessica alba.
Old 11-10-07, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by toddly6666
well, I have no desire to buy this movie. I'll wait for the eventual Region 1 DVD and just rent it. I do like Tautou, but not enough to buy every movie she's in. And concerning COEURS, I don't think i've seen a more painful trailer for a film in a long time. It looks like just another poor French film with a large French cast just sitting around apartments/bars and just babbling away.
We shall have to disagree here (again). Coeurs is easily the better film -- better script, better cast, better director, better final product. Hors de Prix is very much an updated version-Francais of our Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Pro-B