Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CDWOW: The Return - Discounts, Vouchers, Bargains, & Discussion

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-07, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the $2 off voucher link. The following was posted on CDWOW a number of days ago:

Important Announcement
We are absolutely delighted to announce a new beginning for CD WOW!
CD WOW! is now under new ownership and this means that everything is now back to normal and even better than before. We have oodles of fantastic promotions and giveaways planned for you over the coming weeks. Sign up and make sure you don't miss out!
In addition to that, they recently sent out the following email to everyone that is registered on their site:

Dear Member,

We are absolutely delighted to announce to our members first.........a new beginning for CD WOW!

We know that lots of you have had difficulties in the past few months, and found things to be below our normal standard, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

CD WOW! is now under new ownership, and this means that everything is now back to normal, and even better than before. We have loads of fantastic promotions and giveaways planned for you over the coming weeks.
Now this obviously doesn't mean that everything will once again be as it was, at least not overnight, but if you ask me all of this is a very positive sign. I think they are serious about turning things around so I'm going to buy into all of this until they prove me wrong.

I don't have any deals to mention right now really, but hopefully we'll start spotting some great deals soon.

NOTE: When you go to pay, pick the "Other Cards" option to pay using WorldPay instead of PayNova.

Last edited by Brent L; 09-30-07 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-29-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been ordering from them for the last month with very little inconvenience. I am very happy that they are back on their feet.
Old 09-30-07, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been staying away and I just made my first order here in awhile. Let's hope all is well. I also used a $3.00 voucher I'd been sitting on for quite some time. Got R3 Fantastic Four 2 (2-disc) and Sunshine, both DTS.

I managed to avoid being caught in the DVD Soon mess although I used to order from them a lot before they changed ownership and then folded. I hope this doesn't turn into a similar mess.
Old 09-30-07, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered four different DVDs, using vouchers, for less than $10 earlier today. I'll let you all know what happens as I find out. Here is what I ordered:

-The Killing Fields: Special Edition (2 Disc Set, R2)
-Once Upon A Time In High School (R2)
-The Party: Special Edition (2 Disc Set, R2)
-Shooting Dogs (R2)
Old 09-30-07, 10:22 PM

I noticed that they are using PayNova (in place of WorldPay) to process the credit-card payment, and recently people in this forum had reported issues with PayNova's processing, e.g., excessive transaction fees showing up on their account balance. Any update on whether CDWow has resolved these PayNova-related issues?
Old 09-30-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When you go to pay, pick the "Other Cards" option to pay using WorldPay instead of PayNova.
Old 09-30-07, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
When you go to pay, pick the "Other Cards" option to pay using WorldPay instead of PayNova.
Thanks for the tips. I placed an order for "The Killing Fields" (and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will show up as a 2-disc edition as they advertise).
Old 09-30-07, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, I did notice the "PayNova" change but I just figured they got a new processor. I didn't know there's been trouble with them. I hope all goes well with my order but I'll remember to choose "Other Cards" in the future.
Old 10-01-07, 02:35 PM

Any word on whether or not the new management will return to offering BFI titles or older MoC releases?
Old 10-01-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ambassador
Any word on whether or not the new management will return to offering BFI titles or older MoC releases?
How about newer MoC titles for that matter.
Old 10-01-07, 07:22 PM

FWIW they are having the R2/4 edition of Rome Season 1 on sale (24-hour sale) for $25.95.
Old 10-01-07, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ambassador
The fact that they still hold a low sale-price on a remaining handful number of MoC titles seems to indicate they are not planning to restock their MoC catalog any time soon.
Old 10-01-07, 08:53 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

About 5 minutes after i placed the order with Paynova, the CC company called asking if I were allowing a company in Norway to withdraw funds;

How do I cancel my order?
Old 10-01-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

MoC is back in the running as they recently added Silence and Bellissima, both recent titles.
Old 10-01-07, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by cine
FWIW they are having the R2/4 edition of Rome Season 1 on sale (24-hour sale) for $25.95.
Does anyone know what the deal is with the shorter runtimes for the R2/4 versions of a some of these HBO series?

As an example, Rome is listed as 720 minutes for the UK and US versions, but only 529 minutes for the R2/4 version.

Same goes for Deadwood Season 3. 720 minutes R1 vs 546 minutes R2/4.
Old 10-01-07, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by andicus
Does anyone know what the deal is with the shorter runtimes for the R2/4 versions of a some of these HBO series?

As an example, Rome is listed as 720 minutes for the UK and US versions, but only 529 minutes for the R2/4 version.

Same goes for Deadwood Season 3. 720 minutes R1 vs 546 minutes R2/4.
Note that the 2/4 version is normally the Australia DVDs - the damned Ratings logo will be a dead give away on the picture.

As for the running times - you obviously need to consider the diff in PAL running times.

EzyDVD list Deadwood 3 at 585 mins and Rome 1 536 mins (and JB Hifi says 575)- though I'm not sure if they are correct on either (I'm sure Rome was about 690mins for the PAL discs). The US running times MAY include extra features (note - Deadwood does NOT normally contain any of the extras from R1) - or they may be missing the 'PREVIOUSLY ON' or 'NEXT ON' stuff.

Try DVDCompare.net for comparisons between the versions.
Old 10-02-07, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I've never had a problem with them in the past but held off from ordering after their problems arose. I decided to give the new management a chance and got something cheap.
Old 10-02-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It seems like a get a delay notice on Sunshine every week now. Also haven't had my Flashpoint dispatched yet. Glad I at least received my Invisible Target.

Oh, and I didn't get that member email...and I have two memberships with them from different email addresses.

*EDIT* My Flashpoint just changed to dispatched.

Last edited by dullboy; 10-02-07 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just logged in to the www13.cd-wow.com site and my order status for the four DVDs I mentioned before are all listed as "Despatched".
Old 10-02-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyjg
Note that the 2/4 version is normally the Australia DVDs - the damned Ratings logo will be a dead give away on the picture.

As for the running times - you obviously need to consider the diff in PAL running times.

EzyDVD list Deadwood 3 at 585 mins and Rome 1 536 mins (and JB Hifi says 575)- though I'm not sure if they are correct on either (I'm sure Rome was about 690mins for the PAL discs). The US running times MAY include extra features (note - Deadwood does NOT normally contain any of the extras from R1) - or they may be missing the 'PREVIOUSLY ON' or 'NEXT ON' stuff.

Try DVDCompare.net for comparisons between the versions.
Thanks!
Old 10-02-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There's a bunch of awesome deals on CDWOW right now for under $5 after vouchers. Check these out:

-The Company Of Wolves: Special Edition (R2, Audio commentary by director/co-writer Neil Jordan)

-Manhunter: Special Edition (R2, 2 Disc Set, The Theatrical version, The Director's Cut, Audio commentary by director/co-writer Michael Mann, + more)

-Scanners (R2, "The Directors: The Films of David Cronenberg" -documentary (59:02 min), "Inside Scan: Scanners" -featurette (presented by horror film journalist Alan Jones - 8:28 min)

Check out the big sale they have going on right now, the bargain basement, and just look around the site.
Old 10-02-07, 08:25 PM

There's a bunch of awesome deals on CDWOW right now for under $5 after vouchers. Check these out:

-The Company Of Wolves: Special Edition (R2, Audio commentary by director/co-writer Neil Jordan)
CDWow lists it, presumably incorrectly, as 1:33 Non-Anamorphic

Do you own a copy of this edition?
Old 10-02-07, 08:41 PM

I just logged in to the www13.cd-wow.com site and my order status for the four DVDs I mentioned before are all listed as "Despatched".
I can add the same - four I ordered yesterday have already been despatched - all in 1 day !!

some other titles for consideration...

The Killing Fields 2 disc
The Last Emperor 2 disc
Borat
Banyard
Little Fish
The Descent 2 disc
Alexander Directors Cut 2 disc

..... i need to stop ordering - but there's too many great prices here

Last edited by tonyjg; 10-02-07 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-02-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cine
CDWow lists it, presumably incorrectly, as 1:33 Non-Anamorphic

Do you own a copy of this edition?

I don't own it, yet, but I know that's an error in the listing. Here is the DVDTalk review for the same DVD.

The R2 2-disc version of The Hitcher is only $4.99 using the $2/off link, and even less if you have any voucher codes handy.

Last edited by Brent L; 10-02-07 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-03-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I'm going to have to bite on the R2 SUPERMAN THE MOVIE 4-disc set. At under $7 for what appears to be all the features present in the R1 set, it's too tempting to pass up.

There's also some bargains to be had for Doctor Who serials, too. I'll be picking up ROBOT for only ten beans, and I usually prefer the R2 case artwork to boot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.