Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Manuale d'amore (Monica Bellucci)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-05-07, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The second installment to Giovanni Veronesi's Manuale d'amore is set to arrive in Italian shops on September 26. Preliminary info indicates no English subtitles for the main feature.

Official site and trailer:
http://www.manualedamore2.it/

Ciao,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 09-05-07 at 02:26 AM.
Old 09-05-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 434 Likes on 303 Posts
Little warning next time, Pro. With those pictures, I just made a mess all over my keyboard here...

And who's that schmuck with his grubby hands all over my Monica?
Old 09-05-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, please warn us. She just gave me a hard on.
Old 09-05-07, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Whoever her co-star is... i HATE him. The lucky muckety-muck.
Old 09-05-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

PRO-BASS,
I'm very shocked and disappointed with you. You know that there is an Adult DVD Talk Forum here, right?

Another new French DVD, "Napoleon et Moi" with Bellucci just came out here in Switzerland. Not sure if it already was out in France. And of course, it has no English subtitles as the French usually screw the non-French speakers with their DVDs. Every goddamn new French film that looks interesting is 90 percent of the time with no English subtitles. They don't even have any other language subtitles for their DVDs. What they hell? Selfish, cheap bastards! The French shouldn't be complaining about USA if most of their spare time renting movies is of Hollywood films with the majority of the DVDs having a French Dub or French subtitles.
Old 09-05-07, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Note to Bellucci fans, there's a video interview of her at joblo.com, http://www.joblo.com/interview-monica-bellucci, with her talking about her new USA film, SHOOT EM UP. She is one of my all-time favorite actresses, but I find it insulting that she said something like this: "in USA, I make popcorn-type films, and in Europe (Italy and France) I do arty films." Arty films, her? haha. If she considers "dramas with sex" an "arty" film, then she has a different meaning to what is arty. Her only considerably "arty" films are Irreversible, Malena and L'Appartement. All her other films are European popcorn flicks. She's certainly been a participant in some of the most creative, original action films (Shoot Em Up, Matrixs, Brotherhood of the Wolf, and Dobbermman) in the past 10 years.

Last edited by toddly6666; 09-05-07 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-05-07, 05:55 PM

Looks like I might have to lose my subtitle safety net and pick this one up anyway, since it has some of my favorite Italian actors (Monica, Barbora, Volo, etc.). From the trailer, I think my Italian is good enough to get by. One question, though, Pro-B (or anyone that can answer): Should I watch the first movie before this sequel, or can they be watched separately? I know the first movie is definitely not English-friendly as I saw it in the shops and almost bought it when I was in Rome in February, but decided not to (Monica's not in the first, btw). The new one was just opening in the theaters when I was there.
Old 09-06-07, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Quick answers:

1. Done...next time will put huge warning signs when I post

2. Napoleon et Moi was first released in Italy. See my thread from awhile ago here:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=492473

3.Ted: I would not worry about getting part1. In fact, I do not know what part of the US you are from (am I correct to assume so?) but if you live in a large metro-area with a Russian community nearby look for a cheapy disc of it. I find Veronese very similar to Carlo Verdone (L' amore è eterno finchè dura), a tad too sugary for my taste but not that terrible after all.

4. To Ted: since you like Mrs. Bobulova I would like to recommend that you see Kim Rossi Stewart's directorial debut Anche libero va bene which won major accolades at Cannes. The Italian DVD is of top notch quality, very cheap, and English-friendly.

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 09-06-07, 07:35 AM

Pro-B,

Thanks. After checking out IMDB, I realized that the movies are basically episodic, so they probably could be watched independently. I live in New Hampshire, about an hour from Boston, so I can look around when I'm down there. I already have Anche libero..., it's in my unwatched pile but I should get to it soon! Funny you should mention Verdone, since L'amore e eterno is my only non-English friendly DVD at this point (bought it based on your earlier recommendation and Ms. Morante's appearance). Seems like most of Verdone's films are non-English friendly...any idea why?
Old 09-07-07, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny, I saw this thread at work and dared not click on it just based on Monica Bellucci's name in it. I'm very, very glad I didn't click on it.
Old 09-07-07, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Ted Kontos
Pro-B,

Seems like most of Verdone's films are non-English friendly...any idea why?
They seem to entertain typical Italian themes. Also Verdone's films are not exactly praised by film critics or shown at known festivals (some of his acting work is better). I certainly think that he is an entertaining director with a tendency to favor comedy over any other genre.

Pro-B
Old 09-07-07, 04:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahh, another glorious couple of pics which get us that much closer to seeing Bellucci's coochy.

The Italians know sexy. Damned if they don't.
Old 12-18-07, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

update:

The first installment is set to be released in Aussie land on January 8th/2008 (not a rental).

Pro-B