Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Prag" (2006) starring Mads Mikkelsen, now available on English-friendly DVD, maybe?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

"Prag" (2006) starring Mads Mikkelsen, now available on English-friendly DVD, maybe?

Old 05-16-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a fan of Mads Mikkelsen, I've been eager to see Prag aka Prague (2006).

I was disappointed when Danish e-tailer listings for the just-released Danish DVD were either incomplete or weren't specifying the presence of English subtitles (especially since Danish releases are often English-friendly). Also, CD-WOW (not known for their accuracy) listed the title a while back but did not mention English subtitles.

However, I just checked the back cover art at axelmusic and it does seem to indicate English subtitles.....which would be great news! Also a google search turned up moviezoo.dk and they seem to list English subs. Time to send off some e-mails to confirm, but English subs on this would be a welcome surprise after my initial disappointment. Fingers-crossed...
Old 05-16-07, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fear not , there are English subtitles on it
Old 05-16-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fantastic news! This is by far my favorite film of the year. Off to cdwow!
Old 05-16-07, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stalin's correct. I have this and English subs are most definitely present.
Old 05-16-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pjflyer
Fantastic news! This is by far my favorite film of the year. Off to cdwow!
I checked with CD-WOW and they are telling me that the version they are stocking does NOT have English subtitles. Is anyone aware of another release besides the English-subbed Danish release currently listed on Danish e-tailer sites? CD-WOW has been wrong on occassion in their replies to me regarding subtitle issues but frankly I don't know what the case is here, and I'm a little hesitant to take a chance because a return would be a hassle.
Old 05-17-07, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The Danish disc certainly offers English subs. You could fire up at Axelmusic then. This being said, a Norwegian disc is apparently also being set for distribution which does NOT offer English subs. This according to the Norwegian distrib. It is to be confirmed!

Pro-B

edit:
The Norwegian claim is somewhat confirmed by this listing!
http://www.dvdmoon.com/index.php?SCREEN=item&item=64164
Old 05-17-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is the CDWOW disk the Danish release?
Old 05-17-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've again asked CD-WOW to check on which release it is. Given what Pro-B mentioned and considering that the CD-WOW release is not listed as a pre-order (thus likely eliminating the Norwegian release as the one listed at CD-WOW), I still suspect it might be the Danish disc. But always best to try and get specifics as CD-WOW sometimes comes up with some obscure releases such as the recent UK film "Revolver" which arrived via an Estonian release if I remember correctly. Still CD-WOW only lists Scandinavian-language subs so I'm guessing it should be the Danish release....I hope. If CD-WOW ever clarifies, I'll post here ASAP.
Old 05-18-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered the cdwow copy on Wednesday - I will update if it has english subs when I receive it.
Old 06-12-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my copy of Prag from CDWOW today. I can comfirm english subtitles on the disc.

If you are a fan of Mads Mikkelsen or Danish cinema I can't recommend this one high enough.
Old 06-12-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

pjflyer, many thanks for the feedback on the English subs...and I'm glad it worked out for you.

And don't get me started again regarding that site you ordered it from. I tried multiple times (and politely) to get clarification from them but they told me no English subs, and basically ignored my last attempt to call the matter to their attention. There was a time they used to actually make corrections based on information I provided to them....oh well. Heck I should order elsewhere just based on principle.
Old 07-17-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: "Prag" (2006) starring Mads Mikkelsen, now available on English-friendly DVD, may

Wanted to bump this to say this is an amazing film.

I've seen it three or four times now, and I appreciate it more each time I watch it.

Mads is one of the best in the business, an amazing performance.