Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Mercury Man ( thailand ) DVD subtitled out

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-07, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suprised noones mentioned the recent singapore release this of this. Awful film mind Terrible acting. Some people may want to see it though

http://www.moviexclusive.com/estore/...?productID=229

My recommendation is to see Gagamboy instead.
Old 02-12-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Mercury Man ( thailand ) DVD subtitled out

I just watched the NSTC Region 1 version of this movie. Although it was more entertaining than The Reader, I have to say it's a pretty bad flick (good entertaining-bad though).

Has there ever been a mainstream Thai movie without a transexual in it? They just love promoting it...

The main bad thing about this movie is that the villains speak English - the English spoken by all the actors in this film (even English/American actors) is just awful - as if they are learning to read out loud for the first time. The English spoken by the Japanese actors in Miike's Sukiyaki Western Django sounds like Shakespeare in comparison. It would have been a better movie if everyone stuck with their native Thai. The main Thai villain was playing an Arabic terrorist, wearing eye liner and lipstick. If I was Arabic, I would be pretty insulted by this movie.

The leading man in this movie was surprisingly not as bad actor as most Thai leading men. I would say he was almost as good as Orlando Bloom, which isn't saying much. But he was better than Tony Jaa, who may kick ass, but is an awful actor.

And the villainess was played by a decent hot Thai actress, who was as talented as Eva Mendes....

The transexual sibling of the main hero happens to design superhero costumes for a living. Awesome writing!

I'm amazed that there really seems to be a drought of good screenplays around the world. I would think that movie producers from anywhere in the world have piles and piles of good screenplays of all different genres. It seems like there are more good books that exist in other countries than screenplays. It really shows you how hard it is to make a good screenplay.
Old 02-12-09, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Mercury Man ( thailand ) DVD subtitled out

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I'm amazed that there really seems to be a drought of good screenplays around the world.
. . . and almost nowhere is this more evident than in Thai cinema.