Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Confession of Pain" - Next SCORSESE REMAKE w/ DiCaprio - 2009 - HK DVD

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just got a copy of "Seung Sing" aka "Confession of Pain" which was just purchased by Scorsese for a 2009 Remake starring DiCaprio

It's the same director as "Infernal Affairs", as it just came out on DVD. It's a 2006 film.

I'm not for or against remakes (in terms of the artistic morals), but I was wondering how others think this remake will turn out? I don't think overall it was as good as Infernal (comparing COP to Infernal, one HK film to another), but my gut tells me this would be a pretty good remake and could be improved by Scorsese. Anyone else see this one yet? I'm suprised it's not getting more attention on the import scene.
Old 03-17-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

is it out on R2UK yet?
Old 03-17-07, 10:47 AM

The poster is getting a bit mixed up. The movie was purchased for remake rights yes, but Scorsese has nothing to do with it, at least as of yet. Only the writer of The Departed is being tapped to pen the remake and the only other person in talks is DiCaprio.

As for COP itself, the movie is quite bad and a remake of it, if anything, could probably erase the many errors this movie has.

It's quite shocking that this is the same team that did the awesome Infernal Affairs 2, but most of the films they made weren't so hot so perhaps Infernal Affairs 2 was some sort of a fluke.
Old 03-19-07, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by The Running Man
The poster is getting a bit mixed up. The movie was purchased for remake rights yes, but Scorsese has nothing to do with it, at least as of yet. Only the writer of The Departed is being tapped to pen the remake and the only other person in talks is DiCaprio.

As for COP itself, the movie is quite bad and a remake of it, if anything, could probably erase the many errors this movie has.

It's quite shocking that this is the same team that did the awesome Infernal Affairs 2, but most of the films they made weren't so hot so perhaps Infernal Affairs 2 was some sort of a fluke.
I had got my info from the Chinese papers, so if I was wrong I'm sorry. As for the film, it's got it's problems but I beleive that would be the beauty of a remake. Unlike Infernal I see a movie that had much potential and never reached it. That IMO has the perfect "remake" elements. A film that had potential it has yet to reach. Infernal was already good, where this has room to improve.

As for the "team" consisting of 'Wai Keung Lau', 'Siu Fai Mak' and 'Felix Chong' (writers and directors of COP), they also did Infernal I and III according to IMDB.
Old 03-19-07, 07:59 AM

As for the film, it's got it's problems but I beleive that would be the beauty of a remake.
I agree. Although it's all subjective, the remakes that personally interest me are of those movies that were flawed or never reached their potential, but with a remake there is a possible hope to reach that.

As for the "team" consisting of 'Wai Keung Lau', 'Siu Fai Mak' and 'Felix Chong' (writers and directors of COP), they also did Infernal I and III according to IMDB.
No, I know they did the whole trilogy, I just specifically picked IA2 because it is easily the stand-out of said trilogy.