International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Price comparison site for HK and Korean films?

Old 03-06-07, 04:49 PM

Price comparison site for HK and Korean films?

Are there any good ones?
Old 03-06-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

These guys might help you out, but I find there search "results" too ambivilous at times.

http://www.dvdscout.net/index.php?language=en
Old 03-06-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

also you can try http://www.dvdpricesearch.co.uk , it has a much more limited selection though.
Old 03-07-07, 04:33 AM

there arent many sites to compare, you need english-language sites and
the best prices are usually the companies located in the country you're trying to buy from... so, dddhouse.com versus buyoyo.com for HK, dvdfromkorea.com and erm... dvdheaven.com for korea - i think?

if you're thinking of comparing USA companies that stock DVDs from those countries, you'll rarely find an easy answer as to how to compare them as the situation varies from buyer to buyer too much to easily communicate the balance between more expensive and different kinds of services applicable to people located in different places and with different methods of payment available to them.
Old 03-07-07, 11:56 AM

dddhouse.com versus buyoyo.com for HK
Do you mean dddhouse vs yesasia? Buyoyo is located in HK. Buyoyo is cheaper, even considering shipping if you buy in quantity. I don't use them as often but I tend to buy at 20 d.u. (delivery units) a pop from buyoyo, so I try to avoid the temptation.

Lately, I've been noticing dddhouse's prices seem a bit higher too but it could be my imagination.
Old 03-07-07, 04:49 PM

Thanks people. dvdscout is alright. dvdpricesearch, some of the sites don't even ship to the US.