International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Bargains on R2 Saint and early Gerry Anderson

Old 02-03-07, 12:20 PM

Bargains on R2 Saint and early Gerry Anderson

Amazon.co.uk has a few good sales at the moment for fans of archive British television. First is the 14-disc set of all the color episodes of The Saint, and it's going for GBP50.97 before VAT is removed, making it, with shipping, somewhere around US$95 delivered.

Also on sale are two 1950s Gerry Anderson series - Torchy, the Battery Boy, series one of which is 8.97, and series two (for which he only acted as director) is 10.97. Also his Western series Four Feather Falls is 9.97. None of these has ever been shown in the USA; they were made for Granada Television, not ITC like his later series. I've never seen any of them, but Four Feather Falls looks like it could be similar to Woody's Roundup from Toy Story 2 ;-)
Old 02-05-07, 01:49 PM

70s & 80s TV Classics sale

Ripping Yarns and The Goodies for 6.97.. not bad.

Due South is definitely 90s, though.
Old 02-06-07, 09:55 AM

I just wish they'd do complete series sets of The Goodies. Perhaps this is why it's been such a long time since the last set? At least their LWT series is coming soon, though with Network titles being reduced so much all over the place I'm going to wait for another sale before picking this one up...

Really cheap prices on the two best-known UK cop series from the 70s too -- The Sweeney and The Professionals, both at 40.97 each IIRC.