International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Notre-Dame de Paris (new-old disc)?

Old 01-28-07, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Notre-Dame de Paris (new-old disc)?

Some time ago there was a French disc of Notre-Dame de Paris with Anthony Quinn and Gina Lollobrigita with the original French audio and in an anamorphic 2.35:1 that went OOP. This was also a Pan-Euro release (with optional French, English, Spanish, Dutch, and Italian subs if I recall correctly).

Then came out a second release which dropped all of the subs and became part of the Studio Canal grey series.

Now I see that, (the same old disc??) the OOP disc was rereleased at the very end of 2006 by Studio Canal. Here's the cover:

My questions:

Has anyone actually seen what the UPS code for this disc is? I am unsure whether or not this is a re-print of the old disc or simply the newer grey disc with the old cover?

If anyone can shed some info on it I will greatly appreciate it as I would like to replace the R1 disc immediately (maybe a quick check-up at one of the Fnac stores will solve the dilemma ). Thank you in advance!!

For the record: Here's what the second unsubbed French disc looks like:

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 01-28-07 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-29-07, 02:13 AM

It's a reprinting of the 2004 grey disc, the grey digipack remastered edition was better than the 1999 one, but this 2006 release has no improvements from what I read about.
Old 01-29-07, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thanks for the info Tutut. A shame!

Pro-B