Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

machiaveldvd going out of business sale

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-21-06, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.machiaveldvd.com/

25-40% off depending on how many your order

sad these guys are closing shop
Old 06-21-06, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad the DDD pretty much cleaned out my budget. Looks like some good deals to be had.
Old 06-21-06, 10:58 PM

If you're looking for rare things or exploitation movies give a try at Sin'art (french) or Sazuma Trading (austrian) .
Old 06-22-06, 07:09 AM

I've never used these guys before but their prices seem pretty good with the minimum 25% off the prices shown.
I'm looking to get the Battle Royale 1&2 box set ($27) & the Phantasm Sphere box set ($44).
Are the prices they have them for a good deal, or could I do better somewhere else??
Old 06-22-06, 07:59 AM

I've ordered from them in the past, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Service was great. I'll probobly take advantage of this sale. It's unfortuate they're going out of business
Old 06-22-06, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They don't seem to stock most of the stuff I'm currently looking for -- 3 Dev Adam, Polly Maggoo, Sarno's Girl Meets Girl set, the German DVD of Whip and the Body.
Anybody have any recommendations on anything particularly special they carry?
Old 06-22-06, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts
I've ordered from them in the past, and I'm sad to see they're going out of business. I was very happy with their service.
Old 06-22-06, 11:02 AM
Tek

Originally Posted by Tutut
If you're looking for rare things or exploitation movies give a try at Sin'art (french) or Sazuma Trading (austrian) .
Do these two e-tailers ship to U.S.??
Thanx..
Old 06-22-06, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 123 Likes on 93 Posts
Marc (the owner) was running this with his girlfriend. They recently had a child and simply didn't have the time to run the business anymore. I'm not sure if people realize how much time and effort is required to make a living running a small business like this. He offered to sell the inventory at cost and even to train (for free) potential buyer so the business could continue but I guess he didn't find anyone. I wish him and his family the best of luck.
Old 06-22-06, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tek
Do these two e-tailers ship to U.S.??
Yes, both of them. Sazuma is a classic e-tailer but Sin'art is a non profit association which edits fanzines,
you have to pay a 5€ fee which allow you to access their catalog during 12 months. Sin'art is more a service
from fans to fans.

"Moreover, Sin’Art is also :

The persons in charge of the activity mean to provide to the members a quality service:
- Offering a vast catalog, as exhaustive as possible.
- Proposing a scope of various fanzines
- Sending a printed version of the catalog to those who do not have an internet access
- Providing you researches for those products which are not included in the catalog
- Diminishing the delivery times by increasing the number of stocked articles
- Answering your mails within 24h
- Maintaining personalised relations, from passionate person to passionate person
- Providing total transparency of your orders processing
- Taking care of your purchases wrapping
- Proceeding to a philatelic stamping

Besides, our goal is not only to provide you DVDs, but also to inform you:
- The catalog keep you informed of the last DVD releases
- Most of the time, each film goes with a little text so that you can figure out what it is
- Whenever possible, we accompany the movies with an article from one of our fanzines
- In parallel, our fanzines deal with genre cinema"
Old 06-23-06, 01:22 AM

Before anyone jumps to use Sazuma do a search on them or see if you can find people that recommend them.
Old 06-23-06, 08:57 AM

Their bad reputation was justified in 2000/2001, but the last feedback I had in 2004 was very positive, unless someone
could give more recent and negative feedbacks.

Order confirmation email
One week for Sazuma to get the item (not in stock)
Shipment confirmation email
Received 6 days after (from Austria to France)

Sazuma is a DVD editor now (Cannibal Ferox tincase for example), they had to improve the terrible service quality, it seems they did.

Old 06-23-06, 08:57 AM
Tek

Yes, both of them. Sazuma is a classic e-tailer but Sin'art is a non profit association which edits fanzines,
you have to pay a 5€ fee which allow you to access their catalog during 12 months. Sin'art is more a service
from fans to fans.

First off, Thank You for the response, Tutut.

Interesting... I followed thru the purchase process, as a US order, and saw mention that "You May" have to pay a 5€ fee... however, it never required me to do so, and the order seemed to go thru.
At any rate, PayPal charged my card the conversion-rate for my purchase, and no more. (???)

Perhaps I'll hear from them We'll see.
Old 06-23-06, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tek
Interesting... I followed thru the purchase process, as a US order, and saw mention that "You May" have to pay a 5€ fee... however, it never required me to do so, and the order seemed to go thru.
Did you clic on the link before the content of your cart ?
"Click here to add the subscription to the shopping basket."
then you will see the line "Droits d'entrée pour 12 mois" in the content to confirm the subscription with your order.
Old 06-23-06, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ordered District B13 from MachiavelDVD. I've read a lot of good things about this film. I hope it's good since it is a blind buy for me.

EDIT: I found it playing near me and went out to see it. Wow. Good action flick.

Last edited by mrhan; 06-25-06 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-23-06, 06:52 PM
Tek

then you will see the line "Droits d'entrée pour 12 mois" in the content to confirm the subscription with your order.
Guess I didn't notice it...
I think the order went thru, tho...
'Course, I haven't gotten any further notices, since the PayPal confirmation.
How long do they take to ship an "In Stock" item?

Perhaps my order is in limbo, and I'm just ignorant of the fact LOL!

BTW: I didn't find anything I'm "jonesin' for" at machiaveldvd... maybe I haven't thought hard enough

Last edited by Tek; 06-23-06 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-24-06, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tek

Quote from the Sin'art info page :
"- Once your order registered, you will receive a recap via e-mail. This e-mail also specify the expected delivery time for the article that are not stocked.

- We never let you wait forever. As soon as we notice a delay on the expected delivery time, we inform you by e-mail.

- Of course, as soon as your order is ready to be dispatched, we inform you by e-mail."

I think this page will be a great help for you.
Old 06-24-06, 12:17 PM

Sazuma is a DVD editor now (Cannibal Ferox tincase for example), they had to improve the terrible service quality
That statement alone is enough reason for me to avoid them. They had atrosious service for years, and the only reason they might have improved now is because they were forced to?! Yeah, that's a company I want to give my money to.
Old 06-24-06, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sifu
That statement alone is enough reason for me to avoid them. They had atrosious service for years, and the only reason they might have improved now is because they were forced to?! Yeah, that's a company I want to give my money to.
If your opinion is only based by reaction against my so called statement, it shows how you can make
your own point of view.
Companies have no ethics or moral values, they just make money and I don't care where you spend yours.

I didn't see other bad feedbacks than those from 1999-2001 and that maybe the europeans had a better service
than north-americans.

Argentina-Mexico 1:1 now
Old 06-24-06, 07:07 PM

If your opinion is only based by reaction against my so called statement, it shows how you can make your own point of view.
My opinion is based on actually ordering from them. They have easily been one of the worst e-tailers ever. So to hear they may have improved, simply because they were forced to, is not much of an endorsement.

Companies have no ethics or moral values, they just make money.
Good comment. There are no exceptions. All companies are evil and soulless.
Old 06-27-06, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on this sale. I went ahead and bought a few discs. I probably spent a little more than I was intending, but I don't order any DVDs too much anymore, so I figured I might as well spoil myself a little bit.
Old 06-27-06, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is there a trick to make the website hide the titles that are not in stock? Seems like 4 out of every 5 dvds that I am interested in are out of stock, but you don't find out until you click on it. Since they only show a handful of titles per page you can't easily go bezerk and open 40-50 tabs in at once either, so its back and forth back and forth which hurts my head.
Old 06-27-06, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
^^^^ I hear you. I think I went through their entire inventory to find out what they had, and it was very frustrating not only trying to find something I was interested in but also trying to find something that was in stock. I finally got to a point where I would just make a list of those that I was interested in and then went back and made my final decisions.
Old 06-28-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered, but two of the things I really wanted that were listed as In Stock were actually out of Stock once I placed my order.
Old 06-30-06, 08:09 AM
Tek

Tutut: Darn Nice of Them, IMHO...

Originally Posted by Tek
Guess I didn't notice it...

I emailed Sin'Art, asking if there was a problem with my order, as it (apparently) failed to ship, after double the advertised time for an "in-stock" item.
I received a response that my order was prepared & would ship immediately.
Of course.. the hold up was My mis-interpretation of their policy re: the "Subscription Service", and failure to follow the unoticed link & do so.

They notified me they have entered my subscription, and filled my order, in spite of my error (I think they need to remove the word "may" from the requirement statement, as I would still take it literally, as "maybe/maybe-not, bein' a fumbling Yank.)
They have merely requested that I remember to add in the subscription fee into the order, next time I use their service.

Darn Nice..

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.