Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Idiots: Collector's Edition (Lars von Trier)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New release of this 25th September in the UK.

No other info yet.
Old 06-11-06, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Given Tartan's record (I'm assuming it's Tartan, since they handled the theatrical release and the original UK DVD), this will probably be a straight port of the Danish SE, which as of right now is unavailable outside the Dogme 10th Anniversary boxed set. If that is the case the specs should look something like this:

-Commentary by Lars von Trier and Jens Albinus
-Critics' commentary by Peter Schepelern and Stig Björkman
-The Humiliated (78-minute making-of)
-Deleted scenes
-Trailer

There were also some Idiots-specific extras on the fifth bonus disc in the 10th Anniversary boxed set (a ten-minute documentary, a half-hour retrospective, a twenty-minute Q&A session, a featurette on the color timing, and a bizarre and totally pointless music video with von Trier and the actors). I don't know if those will be carried over as well, particularly since they would require a second disc. I sure hope so, since I like The Idiots but I'm not going to buy the boxed set just for it and The Celebration (I can't imagine ever watching Mifune or The King Is Alive again).

Last edited by Dan Average; 06-11-06 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-12-06, 01:08 AM

Tartan have lost a lot (The Matador, La Haine being just 2) of their old DVD/VHS rights to Optimum but since they did Trier's Europa Trilogy you could be right

That would be a nice set of features but I'm not sure how much better the image could be since the film's always looked poor. Here's hoping they go Region 0 with the release anyway.
Old 06-12-06, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dan Average
I don't know if those will be carried over as well, particularly since they would require a second disc. I sure hope so, since I like The Idiots but I'm not going to buy the boxed set just for it and The Celebration (I can't imagine ever watching Mifune or The King Is Alive again).
I hope so, as well! I've held off buying the Dogme box for precisely the same reasons as you (and really only "Festen" and "Idioterne" are interesting to me).
Old 09-23-06, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody hear anything more about this?