Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

How to get Kontroll 2-dvd version in North America??

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-10-06, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried www.netpiac.hu because a previous posting here for "Sorstalanság (2DVD) Hungary's Oscar Entry" had detailed english instructions on how to order, but it's currently unavailable ("Elfogyott").

I also tried www.filmsarok.hu through english-emails but they only accept Western Union.

Any places for someone to order using Visa or Pay Pal the Kontroll 2-dvd special edition version? For someone who doesn't speak Hungarian?

All the local shops only have the crappy non-widescreen version. I've heard that the 2-dvd special edition version is the best.

Thanks,

- Rick
Old 03-10-06, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is there a reason why www.exploitedcinema.com or www.diabolikdvd.com or www.cd-wow.com does not carry this dvd? The KONTROLL 2-Disk DVD is the type of DVD that those three sites should be carrying...
Old 03-11-06, 01:17 AM

I got mine off eBay... and I think somebody else posted a link to where you can buy it at a website, you may have to search around.. or even try google.

CdWow et al might not carry it because the dvd being made in Hungary, they may not have distribution connections there, especially since Hungary isn't usually known for its DVDs, although they did a marvelous job on "Kontroll".
Old 03-12-06, 02:23 AM

I asked DiabolikDVD.com about it and they said simply that they had tried to get it in the past but couldn't for whatever reason. So not that that really helps all that much but at least we know they've tried.
Old 11-08-06, 12:12 PM

This is on TV on Friday night on Channel 4 in the UK.
Old 11-08-06, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yes
Old 11-09-06, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by murphy_wmm
I got mine off eBay... and I think somebody else posted a link to where you can buy it at a website, you may have to search around.. or even try google.

CdWow et al might not carry it because the dvd being made in Hungary, they may not have distribution connections there, especially since Hungary isn't usually known for its DVDs, although they did a marvelous job on "Kontroll".
Yeah, here's where I got mine a few months ago, and my original posting elsewhere on this forum:

After following this long-term discussion on how and where to get either the Sorstalanság" (2 DVD) set or Kontroll SE (2 dvd) I thought I'd put in my belated 2 cents worth about Numero 7. Last April I ordered the Kontroll SE set from Numero 7 without much problems. As you mentioned doing the Western Union shuffle was the worst part of the process. Originally I used a WU money order which never arrived!!! I ended up paying the extra $10.00 for Western Union wiring the money to a bank near Budapest. By the way the woman in charge at Numero 7 Maria Letenai. I had great communication with her through-out the process. It took aproximately 5 weeks to get the Kontroll dvd's in the mail. (Which is a great set with alot of extras as you've seen in Splatti's pictures above. ) I used the English version of the site. As for the Sortstalansag dvd, I rented the ThinkFilm version months ago and considered owning it but at the time Numero 7 didn't offer it. Judging from Numero's listing, they seem to have only the one disc version. Hungary is one strange country for not attempting to be more user friendly.
Old 11-14-06, 01:36 AM

this one is up for trade over at the Exchange dept.:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....80#post7435280
Old 11-16-06, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by roy_stalin
Are Extras subbed on hungarian Dvds?
Yes, there are subs on all the extras! And just to reinterate from my previous post you can get this from www.numero7.com which only accepts Western Union payments and its takes about five weeks to arrive in one's mailbox. (Their site is in English). They have both the one disc and two disc versions.
Old 05-16-07, 09:29 AM

Can I ask how much people paid for this through the legitimate resources? The R0 2-Disc I am talking about.
Old 05-16-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shaun'o'tha'dead, it appears to be 7,700.00 HUF = $41.75 USD shipped from the numero7 site.

My question is this: are we still limited to Western Union? I'm going through the checkout, and it appears that PayPal is also an option. Should I go ahead andcomplete the order, or will I need to do the email/western union thing?
Old 05-17-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok, I placed the order using PayPal. I will certainly update this, hopefully with news of a successful delivery in however long that may take.

The numero7 site was a cinch to use, and the PayPal option popped up immediately on the order page (which somehow had "automatically" tagged me as living in the continental-US). Once I'd placed/confirmed the order, I got an option to "pay now" via PayPal, or all the other options. I selected "pay now" and was taken to PayPal where numero7 is identified as a verified non-US business with 59 prior PayPal transactions.

I just received confirmation of my payment to "Numero7.com Online Store" from PayPal, and the following email from numero7 (I typed the asterisks in place of my personal info):
Dear Richard Malloy,

your order has been received and will be processed shortly.

Your order total: 41.85 USD (=30.92 EUR)

Artist = FILM
Title = KONTROLL-2 LEMEZES
Quantity = 1 DVD
Price = 5950.00 HUF

Subtotal: = 5950.00 HUF
Shipping: = 1750.00 HUF
Grand Total: = 7700.00 HUF

First name = Richard
Last name = Malloy
Street address = *****
City = *****
Shipping = surface
Postal code = *****
Country = US (continental)
Phone = ******
E-mail = *****
Paying method = PayPal

Payment:

- PayPal - www.paypal.com
Send money in USD or EUR to my email address: [email protected]

Other payment options:
- Western Union Money Order
- Money Transfer
- Cash (USD or EUR)
- Personal Check

Please send your money order or check to my name and address below:

Maria Letenai
Baja
Pf. 226.
H-6500
HUNGARY

Notice: please make payable your payment to MY NAME: Maria Letenai

If you have a question feel free to write me.

Best regards,
Maria Letenai
I'm a bit concerned by that "quantity = 1 DVD" notation, but not overly so. There are four different "Kontroll" DVDs offered on the site. Two of those are identified as BPFILM51 and BPFILM52, respectively, with the one-disc cover for the former and the two disc for the latter. These are priced at $4.37 and $13.20, respectively, and are about half as much as the other two Kontroll DVDS. The other two are identified as DV-KONT and DV-KONT2, with (again) the single disc cover on the former and the double disc cover on the latter, and costing $15.77 and $27.93, respectively. It is this last, most expensive one identified as DV-KONT2 that I ordered.

I wonder if any of our Hungarian friends (andrash?) might help allay any fears that I have purchased the wrong disc, or identify the correct one if I have?

Last edited by Richard Malloy; 05-17-07 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-17-07, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Malloy
Ok, I placed the order using PayPal. I will certainly update this, hopefully with news of a successful delivery in however long that may take.

The numero7 site was a cinch to use, and the PayPal option popped up immediately on the order page (which somehow had "automatically" tagged me as living in the continental-US). Once I'd placed/confirmed the order, I got an option to "pay now" via PayPal, or all the other options. I selected "pay now" and was taken to PayPal where numero7 is identified as a verified non-US business with 59 prior PayPal transactions.

I just received confirmation of my payment to "Numero7.com Online Store" from PayPal, and the following email from numero7 (I typed the asterisks in place of my personal info):

I'm a bit concerned by that "quantity = 1 DVD" notation, but not overly so. There are four different "Kontroll" DVDs offered on the site. Two of those are identified as BPFILM51 and BPFILM52, respectively, with the one-disc cover for the former and the two disc for the latter. These are priced at $4.37 and $13.20, respectively, and are about half as much as the other two Kontroll DVDS. The other two are identified as DV-KONT and DV-KONT2, with (again) the single disc cover on the former and the double disc cover on the latter, and costing $15.77 and $27.93, respectively. It is this last, most expensive one identified as DV-KONT2 that I ordered.

I wonder if any of our Hungarian friends (andrash?) might help allay any fears that I have purchased the wrong disc, or identify the correct one if I have?
Richard, to allay your fears...you purchased the correct version of KONTROLL. As verified from my "much earlier posts" I did get these from Numero7 a year or so ago without issue. You won't regret the investment. Also, it's nice to see that Maria Letenai is still selling this "hard to get" dvd.
When I ordered it, Paypal was not an option!!! You're fortunate you didn't have to go through the Western Union route. Enjoy! (It'll take about 3 weeks to get from there to here if in USA).
Old 05-18-07, 06:12 AM

Richard,

Thanks for the heads up on Paypal and numero7! Just placed my order.

Ted
Old 05-18-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for allaying my concerns, TheDoug!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the film. When I got the R1 DVD from Netflix and realized it was non-anamorphic (and quite poor in other respects, too), I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. That is, I saw enough to have been sucked right into the narrative, but I tore myself away in the hopes of getting a better DVD. At that moment, I had no idea there was such an excellent one on the market.
Old 05-18-07, 06:50 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
i actually just got this as well from the guy who runs: http://www.filmsarok.hu/
i e-mailed Gergely Ivanics, [email protected] and he said he had none, but would keep me posted. sure enough, some 3 or 4 days later he mailed me saying he would have 2 upcoming. i bought it through paypal and it literally came in about a week, maybe a day more (i heard shipping from Hungary could take long).

it was $47.00, pricey, but i hope well worth it. he was a pleasure to deal with.
Old 05-18-07, 09:17 PM

No thankyou that site has lied to people for people for ages about setting up a english sites ,see the Sorstalanság thread. Infact that site should be banned from these forums!.
Old 05-18-07, 09:27 PM

Double-Click on Image to Link to Larger Image

Thought I'd send out a small image of this 2 Disker everybody's been talking about....tempting isn't it?

Last edited by TheDoug; 05-18-07 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-19-07, 10:26 PM

if someone could please post a link to the right one from numero7 I would really appreciate it. I really want to see this movie and I definitely want the best set but I want to make sure I don't botch this purchase because I'm an idiot.
Old 05-20-07, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by stalin_roy
No thankyou that site has lied to people for people for ages about setting up a english sites ,see the Sorstalanság thread. Infact that site should be banned from these forums!.
I am sorry but this is simply a terrible claim!

The folks over at Filmsarok were indeed slow but from what I gather they are a very small business to begin with. Not entirely flexible when it comes to communication in English either. Add to this how business is being done in the ex-Eastern block and there you have it...it takes time!

They certainly aren't the top choice when it comes to ordering from Hungary but truth be told they are NOT scammers!

Pro-B
Old 05-20-07, 02:59 AM

Where did I say they were scammers? Please dont twist peoples words Pro-B.

Alot of people werent happy with them, like I said people look in the Sorstalanság thread for more information on peoples thoughts on Hungarian stores.
Old 05-20-07, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Infact that site should be banned from these forums!.
I am not twisting your words!

The statement you made above implies that Fimlsarok are scammers! Why: there are two types of sites that typically get banned on TALK: spammers or scammers (bootleggers).

To the best of my knowledge Filmsarok have not cheated anyone!

In fact, people did order from them using Western Union and received their goods. In perfect condition!

Just because Fimsarok did not manage to create a convenient system for overseas customers allowing the use of VISA/MC does not mean that they should be banned from this site!

Pro-B
Old 05-20-07, 05:36 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
well, they were incredible to me. getting a limited dvd in less than 2 weeks from contact to reciept seems pretty great to me.
Old 05-20-07, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by takingchase
if someone could please post a link to the right one from numero7 I would really appreciate it. I really want to see this movie and I definitely want the best set but I want to make sure I don't botch this purchase because I'm an idiot.
Here's the exact link Taking Chase: http://www.numero7.com/store/commerc...fer_id=numero7

You'll see the 2-Disc Edition at the top of the page. It looks just like the one I posted an image of, it's black with the subway symbol on it. Item ID: BPFILM52 Price: 2812.00 HUF. When you click the yellow "add to cart" button it'll convert it to US dollars. Use Paypal to pay. Hope this helps you!

Last edited by TheDoug; 05-20-07 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-21-07, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by TheDoug
Double-Click on Image to Link to Larger Image

Thought I'd send out a small image of this 2 Disker everybody's been talking about....tempting isn't it?
I had posted some large pic's of this last year with the inside of the digipack spread out, but I guess the people hosting my pic's took them down. The black box is the outer shell, and it has nothing on the back. The "nice" part of the set IMO is the artwork on the fold out portion of the digipack. While it's a nice set, I still prefer the Sorstalanság set over it. If anyone's ordering from Hungary, I said it once and I'll say it again...try ARGO. It's cheap, 2 disc, and a great little film ALA snatch.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.