Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount - Any international buyers had problems?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I ordered some DVDs from Deepdiscount DVD that were supposedly shipped on Nov 2 and they have not arrived.

After several emails and follow ups they say they have now re-shipped the order.

Why can I get timely delivery from Amazon, DVDPacific and numerous other on-line retailers but never DDDvd?

I'm afraid this is my last order with them.

Anyone else experienced problems with delivery?
Old 01-18-06, 03:20 AM

My first order with deepdiscount was "the job" witch didn't arrived after2,5 month.
I had it reshipped witch also did not arrived.
Than i had my money refounded.
I have no problems with www.cduniverse.com, www.amazon.com and some austrailian,and british retailers.
In the forum of www.cinefacts.de are lots of customers who have problems with shipping from deepdiscount.
I would love to order from them if there where shipping via normal mail, like amazon and cduniverse.com (8 days to germany)
Old 01-19-06, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by mrowley
Hi,

I ordered some DVDs from Deepdiscount DVD that were supposedly shipped on Nov 2 and they have not arrived.

After several emails and follow ups they say they have now re-shipped the order.

Why can I get timely delivery from Amazon, DVDPacific and numerous other on-line retailers but never DDDvd?

I'm afraid this is my last order with them.

Anyone else experienced problems with delivery?
For some reason known only to themselves, they seem to send by surface mail but charge what airmail prices. Delivery to the UK is 2 weeks which is acceptable to me for dirt cheap bargains, but new and pre-release goods should be shipped via a timely delivery method.

I had a pacakge that hadn't turned up after a month late last year and foudn their customer service pretty poor but in fairness they did re-ship the order and it finally arrived 2 weeks later.

Unless they had some amazing sale items I wouldn't touch them for new or pre-orders.
Old 01-19-06, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes I had problems receiving items from DeepDiscountDVD.

When something never arrived, they refunded me, sent out a replacement and then billed me again. I don't know why they insisted on refunding and rebilling but it cost me money due to fluctuating exchange rates and foreign transaction commission.

I stopped using them.

I am in the UK.
Old 01-19-06, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am in canada so its probably not so hard getting them to delevery correctly here. one shipment did take about 3 weeks but i think that was customs holding it so they could charge me import duties

On the whole it wasnt too bad. I prefer Amazon.com though.
Old 01-21-06, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I live in Japan.

I had a problem with 1 order, which arrived a month and a half after i ordered it (during the November 20% sale)

All my other items came incredibly quick,
usually about a week, but never more than 2 weeks.
Old 01-21-06, 04:28 AM
Cool New Member

Well I live in Australia and have purchased from them during the past two 20% sales plus another order each for the DVD and CD sites. All packages have arrived safe and sound within 3-4 weeks (though they tend to stuff the boxes with paper, not bubble wrap). They ship as the items become available, not by complete order, so this equates to ~10 different shipments.

I ordered the Hitchcock masterpiece collection during the last sale then they allowed me to cancel it when I heard of packaging and lip sync issues.

They had the Director's Series video compilations as pre-orders during the last sale - I ordered them but complained that they had been released for some time and they credited my account with the 20% difference (admittedly after I followed up for a second time)

I received a DVD-Audio disc with a missing hinge - I complained and have just received a shipping notice for a replacement case

So from my experience their performance has been excellent, if you are polite and determined any Customer Service issues can been resolved

I don't doubt that there are people, both in the States and OS, who have had problems so YMMV (as the Septics like to say). If you want an Australian perspective check this thread http://www.dvdplaza.com.au/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32929

Cheers

Martin