Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté (R.Duris/J.Audiard)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-05, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AKA "The Beat that my Heart Skipped".

Just watched this on DVD... thought it was probably one of the best things I've seen so far this year. A remake of "Fingers", it follows Duris' character juggle his work as a bully-boy for his manipulative father with his ambitions to become a concert pianist.

This is the best performace I've seen from Duris, and if you're a fan of the actor or Jacques Audiard you'll like this. E. Devos (from Audiard's earlier "Read My Lips") has a small but interesting role here.

The French DVD is not English-friendly but is recommended if your French is up to it (or you don't mind that it's not up to it!) Although it will come out in English-speaking territories anyway (it opened in UK cinemas last Friday).

Anyway, highly recommended, and well worth picking up either now or later (depending on your linguistic needs...)

Dazza.
Old 11-08-05, 08:22 AM

I'm still waiting the US dvd release. Anyway can you explain the original meaning of the french title? Some says it is hard to translate.
Old 11-08-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I have the US-version on my WISH list at the review panel. Hopefully will be able to write a review for it (and I hope that it won't be a port of the French disc),

The UK disc is also coming out...

Pro-B
Old 11-08-05, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Moon33
Anyway can you explain the original meaning of the french title? Some says it is hard to translate.
It's just a literary style, in current french you'd say « Mon coeur s'est arrêté de battre ». The translation word by word of this title is « Of beating my heart stopped ».
Old 11-08-05, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts
Note that dvdimport have started to stock R2 titles. The selection is currently limited, but the prices are good and it provides a cheaper alternative to ordering from Europe, especially for us Canadians because of our silly customs regulations.

De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté (French version, no english subs, $24.95 CAD)

http://dvdimport.com/product.asp?productid=21830

Complete list of R2 titles:

http://dvdimport.com/search.asp?name=(ZONE+2)

Not a lot of foreign films but worth checking. These are mostly French releases without english subs though like Downfall 3 disc.
Old 11-15-05, 09:38 AM

R1 now out on 22 Nov.