Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

SEVEN SWORDS DVD Mini Review

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

SEVEN SWORDS DVD Mini Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-05, 12:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
no the only typo is my eyesight, just checked it again its 2005 - not 2003 (hand me another Advil).
Old 11-19-05, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I felt that this was an incomplete and flawed movie, but it's very well made and entertaining for what it is. It has excellent cinematography, good soundtrack (didn't really stand out in any way, but unobtrusive and complements the film well), and creative action choreography that emphasizes strategy, technique, speed, and power.

Things that I thought should be in the movie:

1. More action. If you watch the making-of there are bits of action here and there that didn't make it in the final cut

2. More backstory on the seven swordsmen, especially before they left the mountain

3. More Kualo (the bad-ass chick with the crescent blade)

Things that should be left in the editing room:

1. The awkward bit about the horse. It had absolutely nothing to do with the larger story and just drags the middle section longer than necessary

2. I thought some of the romance was filler and unnecessary
Old 04-24-06, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just saw this movie this weekend.

Not a bad film by any means, but thought the characters were a bit underdeveloped.

I second iskandam in saying that they should have had mores scenes with Kualo (the crescent blade evil chick). She was a viscious bitch.