DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   KoreanDVDs, shipping experiences? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/439162-koreandvds-shipping-experiences.html)

mapson 09-24-05 08:22 AM

KoreanDVDs, shipping experiences?

Place order on 8/31, didn't get confirmation on shipping until 9/12, still waiting as of today. I only ordered 3 discs and they were all in stock. They also sent an email saying they usually ship within 1-3 days. Lucky I didn't need those immediately. How did others do, I'm in the US.

logboy 09-24-05 11:14 AM

i got angry with them over 'crying fist' and 'a bittersweet life' which took almost a month to arrive after they *ahem* "shipped". ive already told them i will be going elsewhere (i.e dvdfromkorea ). having used both before and not experienced a problem, i would say i would expect either to be fine, but occassionally everyone has their bad days - theyre just damn annoying when youve paid to experience them.

Subgeniusguy 09-24-05 11:19 AM

I've been ordering more from http://www.dvdheaven.com/ lately. They seem to be having better deals and items are more often in stock.

andicus 09-24-05 01:16 PM

My Carnivale Season 1 arrived 1 week after it shipped. It took a couple of days after it's release to actually ship, but overall, not bad at all.

RichardW 09-24-05 01:34 PM

I've never had long waits when I ordered from them, but it's been over 6 months since my last order.

Gunde 09-24-05 04:24 PM

Generally there are no major problems with KoreanDVDs, but I would recommended using DVDfromKorea. Their prices are about the same but the customer support and shipping times are excellent!

dmpre99 09-24-05 09:31 PM

I never had a probelm with koreandvds but i prefer dvdheaven their prices are just too good to ignore

the marshal 09-24-05 09:43 PM

I just placed an order on koreandvd on friday.I already ordered from them once, all dvd were in stock, 4 days to ship if I remember correctly. Took 2 weeks to arrive via airmail (Europe).

flashburn 09-25-05 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
I've been ordering more from http://www.dvdheaven.com/ lately. They seem to be having better deals and items are more often in stock.

Funny you should mention DvdHeaven. In the past I have been completely satisfied with them. I placed an order about a month ago, and it took 3 weeks to ship, even though everything was showing up as 'in stock'. I had to pester them several times before they claimed it was shipped out. Each time they would tell me 'tomorrow' and that never happened. Since it only went out about a week ago, I haven't gotten my dvds yet.

TheBigDave 09-25-05 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gunde
Generally there are no major problems with KoreanDVDs, but I would recommended using DVDfromKorea. Their prices are about the same but the customer support and shipping times are excellent!

I'll second the recommendation for DVDfromKorea. I placed an order with them a few weeks ago. Good prices and it arrived in about 7 days.

Bill Geiger 09-26-05 01:58 AM

Haven't ordered from koreandvds in quite a while. I recently ordered from play-asia.com and was told the dvd would ship on the 3rd of October (showed a 7-15 day wait) for my Ice Age R2 DTS (Japan) but to my surprise it shipped on Friday (23rd). Emails from them on order status and shipment were a nice touch.

tali219 09-26-05 11:42 AM

I also would like to recommend DVDfromKorea. I have ordered from all 3 major Korean retailers and based on my experience, DVDfromKorea ships closest to the DVD release date.

mapson 09-28-05 02:16 PM

Just a followup, dvds arrived today 9/28.

chente 09-28-05 03:41 PM

I ordered a couple of movies recently (9/13) including a pre-order that is listed as being available (9/23). I received notice that my package shipped (9/27). Everything seems normal. I'll post when I receive the package.

mapson 09-29-05 07:57 AM

Since yours had a pre-order, I would consider that normal as well, if yours didn't and everything was "in stock", then I'm sure you'd be a little peeved at the order/shipped date gap.

compulsive dvd 10-05-05 04:11 PM

The last order I placed through Koreandvds.com never arrived, so I had to dispute the charge on my credit card. Luckily I was credited. I had ordered from them previously and it was great. They threw in a free copy of Hellraiser 2. I'll give the other places a shot.

Slowpc 10-08-05 10:14 AM

I also have placed some orders with koreandvds.com and have not run into any troubles yet with them within shipping or processing.

mapasu 10-09-05 07:05 PM

Koreandvds.com is great. I'd recommend it. Got shipments from HK and Korea and no problems.

Vision of Love 10-10-05 05:36 PM

I, too, prefer DVDHeaven. Shipping usually takes a week for the order to get to me.

Plus one time on one order, I had to make 3 different changes to the items in the order and the shipping address. He could've been annoyed with me for all I know, but he made changes promptly and was very professional about it.

chente 10-17-05 02:22 PM

Tomorrow will be three weeks since my order shipped. Still no sign of my order. This is taking longer than the last 3 times I ordered from them.

chente 10-19-05 10:00 AM

Sure enough, I received it the day after I posted that they haven't arrived. Delivery took 3 full weeks. The DVD's were triple wrapped in bubblewrap inside a cardboard box and arrived safely with no problems. No additional customs or shipping costs. It took a week longer than the last couple of times I ordered but I'm happy with the service overall.