Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Coolest-Looking Non-Region 1 DVDs/Boxsets [part 3]

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Coolest-Looking Non-Region 1 DVDs/Boxsets [part 3]

Old 09-08-05, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tmy727
HOFD Deluxe Wooden Set looks great... layoyo.com shows it as PAL format.... while moviesville.com says NTSC. Can anyone confirm which format it is?
PAL or NTSC? Anyone? Thanks...
Old 09-08-05, 10:31 PM

the HOFD set is indeed PAL format.Just received my copy from Layoyo.com
Old 09-08-05, 11:11 PM

Thanks -dizzlle-

No PAL for me.. my rear-projector isn't too PAL friendly. How's the overall package quality? For the price, I might just pick it up for it's packaging. Also, does anyone know how limited this set is?
Old 09-09-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts
Moviesville.com lists discs 1 and 2 as NTSC and disc 3 as PAL. Go figure. I'll post my findings when I receive mine.
Old 09-09-05, 12:27 AM

The packaging is really nice for its price.It really good wood.To let you guys know, the extras has NO subtitle.Might just have to pick up the 2 disc version for the extras
Old 09-10-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well...suck. I am going to pass. Looks awesome, but i want to see those special features with subs...i can hold out.
Old 09-10-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
well...suck. I am going to pass. Looks awesome, but i want to see those special features with subs...i can hold out.
Hold out for what, exactly?
Old 09-11-05, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't know if anyones ever posted this:
Old 09-14-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Kingdom of Heaven SE Tin from Korea

comes with these 3D paper suits of armor models
Old 09-14-05, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dizzlle01
anyone ordered the HOFD from moviesville get their copies yet.
I still haven't. I ordered with air mail shipping and received a shipment notice on 8/30. Still haven't seen anything on this end. Anyone else having better luck with this retailer?
Old 09-14-05, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
I still haven't. I ordered with air mail shipping and received a shipment notice on 8/30. Still haven't seen anything on this end. Anyone else having better luck with this retailer?
Not at all , still waiting and I ordered via their air mail as well. I was about to post and ask if anyone else had got their's yet, and I guess I see my answer...I emailed them last night and they replied:

"I am sorry for the time it has taken me to respond. Please understand we are always trying our best to address customer concerns.

Items are usually delivered within 5 to 10 business days (2 weeks). Sometimes, an order is shipped from a country different from the buyer's country - in this case please add one more week.

However, please allow a maximum of 5 weeks for order delivery unless you paid for Express. If you do not receive your order 45 days after payment, then let us know and we will re-ship it or refund.

To ensure you get your items faster, sometimes your order might be split into multiple packages.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you."
Old 09-14-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
less talk - more pictures of cool things.
Old 09-14-05, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That Kingdom of Heaven is bomb. Any places have it for pre-order?
Old 09-14-05, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I ordered one from DVDfromKorea this afternoon. $33US incl.shipping.
Old 09-15-05, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Not at all , still waiting and I ordered via their air mail as well. I was about to post and ask if anyone else had got their's yet, and I guess I see my answer...I emailed them last night and they replied:

"I am sorry for the time it has taken me to respond. Please understand we are always trying our best to address customer concerns.

Items are usually delivered within 5 to 10 business days (2 weeks). Sometimes, an order is shipped from a country different from the buyer's country - in this case please add one more week.

However, please allow a maximum of 5 weeks for order delivery unless you paid for Express. If you do not receive your order 45 days after payment, then let us know and we will re-ship it or refund.

To ensure you get your items faster, sometimes your order might be split into multiple packages.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you."

yea i still havent receive mine too,but my friend received his from layoyo.com and its a nice set.I ordered before him too and he still get his before me.Im wondering if this site is legit or not
Old 09-15-05, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts
Nothing yet. 'Preparing to ship' e-mail was received on 8/31. I've had things take longer than this within North America, so I'm not concerned... yet...
Old 09-17-05, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My Flying Daggers box finally arrived this morning. As I posted in the movieSville thread, it was shipped Media Mail despite my paying for air mail. About the set itself...

The wooden box is really beautiful. Unfortunately, mine has a couple of nicks on one side (the side with the "spine" title info printed on it). Don't know whether that was caused in shipping or what. It's disappointing, but it does lend the box an "antique" look so I've decided not to get too upset about it.

There is a sticker on the box that is not possible to fully remove by hand (it's one of those stickers that intentionally shreds into a bunch of fragments if you try to peel it off. I took a risk and used a tiny dab of GooGone, which did the trick fine without discoloring the wood. Be conservative with the amount used, though. I squirted just a couple of drops onto a paper towel and rubbed the sticker off.

The 4 discs are held in flimsy plastic sleeves inside the "book" packaging. I don't think you're meant to save the sleeves, because the discs slide into slots in some of the pages and the artwork matches the pages. It's awkward to get discs in and out, and could be potentially harmful. Unless you're very careful, it is definitely possible to break or scratch a disc trying to get it out. The book is very nice, though.

The dagger and sheath are of course cool. The blade is unsharpened but could be sharpened if you wanted to. It's a little small. Designed for Chinese hands, I guess.

Sadly, the dagger does not dodge and weave through the air when you throw it, so don't even try.
Old 09-17-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 827 Posts
There is a sticker on the box that is not possible to fully remove by hand (it's one of those stickers that intentionally shreds into a bunch of fragments if you try to peel it off. I took a risk and used a tiny dab of GooGone, which did the trick fine without discoloring the wood. Be conservative with the amount used, though. I squirted just a couple of drops onto a paper towel and rubbed the sticker off.
Did the same with GooOff (same stuff) on a paper towel and it worked fine. But I did a test underneath the box first.

It is indeed a great looking box!
Old 09-18-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WAR OF THE WORLDS - Emergency Box (Limited Release) - $200.24 @ CdJapan

TOP GUN Special Collector's Edition MA-1 BOX [Limited Release] (limited to 5,000 copies) $453.26 @ CdJapan

Digitally remasted. Comes with a bonus disc containing interview with young Tom Cruise, and more. This limited edition comes with a Helmet Bag (Height: 500mm, Width 480mm, Handle: 70mm) and a MA-1 (Flight Jacket - Length: 672mm, Width: 648mm) manufactured by ALPHA. A 16-page booklet included. *An estimate is provided for the shipping charge for this edition. It is subject to change, and might be adjusted when an accurate information on the dimensions and weight becomes available.

TOP GUN Special Collector's Edition w/ Cockpit Bag [Limited Release of 10,000 - Sets] $54.43 @ CdJapan

Old 09-18-05, 10:48 PM

I know it was already mention in both previous threads, but......

My favorite is definitely the Godzilla "Final Box":

I'd also like to state that pictures do it NO justice at all.I personally thought the Godzilla head looked kinda shitty when I saw the picture, but when it got to me I was totally blown away. It is huge (thats THIRTY dvds in that picture to give you a small sense of scale) and extremely detailed. They really caught the absolute worst angle on that head for the promotional pictures because it just looks plain goofy, IMO. It's far more awesome in person.
Old 09-18-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,242 Likes on 827 Posts
I'd also like to state that pictures do it NO justice at all.
You're right about that.
Old 09-18-05, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by eXcentris
You're right about that.
Old 09-19-05, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

What the hell is in that set? WTF do gloves and a pen light have to do with the movie? What is the black box? Looks kinda silly for the price.
Old 09-19-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did you read the text? Emergency box. Like an emergency kit for the end of the world. Yeah so its stupid. I still want one.
Old 09-19-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts
War of The Worlds (2005): Emergency Box prepares you for the next invasion with a hand crank flashlight and radio combination when the power goes out. And when you are trapped in traffic or your home, you can alert the rescue team with your whistle keychain. Don't forget your work gloves to protect your hands if you need to help people.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.