Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Young Anderson (Denmark)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Young Anderson (Denmark)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young Anderson (Denmark)

I would like to point your attention to a film that I think many would love. Though I am not so sure how many are familiar with the miracle tales of Mr.Hans Christian Andersen this film surely is something I would recommend. I am yet to see it but the trailer looks great. The books I had were full of the most amazing stories. Beautiful imagination...
Of course, bonus points for the stunning Tuva Novotny (Slim Susie)

English subbed Trailer:
http://www.sales.nordiskfilm.com/ws/....asp?film=720#

Street date 9/12/2005-Denmark.

Ciao,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 08-30-05 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-31-05, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The story is dark and not that compelling. Characters are somewhat stereotype and IMHO miscast. On the other hand, the camera work and lighting is just excellent. It did poorly at the Danish cinemas. However, if you´re an HCA fan you should give it a go.

PS. Another HCA movie by Bille August is in the works. Should have been out this year but is delayed until 2007

Last edited by Dane; 08-31-05 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-31-05, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Dane
However, if you´re an HCA fan you should give it a go.

A very big one actually. I am not that familiar with the director (I have to admit it) but am very excited about this production. A few months ago I posted the news at Nicheflix and now looking at the trailer it seems almost as if Tim Burton did a thing or two for this film. Couple that with the fact that Tuva Novotny is in it...an easy choice for me.

Can you elaborate on whether or not there will be a longer TV cut? As I understand it this was created for TV to begin with, correct? Or, am I wrong? I will certanly be importing this DVD (September shapes up to be a huge month for Scandinavian releases...as far as I am concerned- Nordkraft, Hawaii-Oslo, Sandor Slash Ida, MASJÄVLAR...and Young Anderson

Pro-B
Old 08-31-05, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist
Can you elaborate on whether or not there will be a longer TV cut? As I understand it this was created for TV to begin with, correct? Or, am I wrong?
Pro-B
It was first up in the cinema, and about month later on television as a 2 part episode. I saw the 2 episodes in Spring `05 on Danish television. As far as I´m aware there´s no difference in length between the cinema version vs. the television version.

Tim Burton had no involvement in this production. Perhaps the visual look might look that way, but that´s about it. Personally, I cannot see the resemblence. However, the visual look is of very high quality.

Anyway, I hope you´ll enjoy it.

PS: I suggest you pick up another great Danish flick called "Kongekabale". Excellent stuff... down to the last detail.

Last edited by Dane; 08-31-05 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-31-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Dane

PS: I suggest you pick up another great Danish flick called "Kongekabale". Excellent stuff... down to the last detail.

I already have it...I actually had athread about it.

Pro-B
Old 08-31-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I forgot about that thread. Made a post in it myself.