Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

News on a New R2/R4 Back to the Future Box Set with Fourth Disc!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I did a quick search but couldn't find this yet, sorry if it's been posted all ready.

I was over at

www.bttf.com

And there is an add of a new box set with a new cover, and advertising a fourth disc. There is no more info but this ad and no date of when the release will be.
Old 08-27-05, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.bttf.com/index.php?/weblo...ollectors_set/

Exclusive! First look at upcoming BTTF 4-Disc Collector's Set

Universal Pictures International Video to release new set in October

Back to the Future

London — Sources at Universal Pictures International Video have provided BTTF.com an exclusive preview at their Back to the Future™ 4-Disc Collector’s Set being released outside North America this October.

"This 4-disc set will consist of the original trilogy discs (x3) plus an additional new bonus disc (content only released in US previously)," stated our UIP rep back in March.

"This will be a 4 disk set, but there’s nothing in it that wasn’t in ours," adds writer/producer Bob Gale, comparing the set to the 2002 domestic R1 release. "The films were released originally with fewer special features because they included a DTS soundtrack. So their Disk 4 includes the material that wasn’t originally in any of theirs (including Secrets of the BTTF Trilogy, Power of Love Music Video, and the Deleted scenes which include my commentary – the commentary wasn’t in the previous version.)"

While release dates are still being formalized for each R2/R4 international market, we are proud to present the following artwork from the set which consists of the original trilogy discs and a fourth bonus disc with content previously released exclusively in R1. Full R2/R4 specs and street dates are forthcoming, so stay tuned...
Old 08-27-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Once you play the little game they have there, they show you an open shot of the packaging, the four discs, a booklet, and they state that there are over 9 hours of special features and the fourth disc is "packed with additional footage."

Interesting...it took them years to release it the first time, and now it's already being re-released. But since they're some of my favorite movies, I'm fine with it, especially if it means more special features (and perhaps the Eric Stoltz footage...?).
Old 08-27-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh wait...this is for R2/R4 only...and it just has everything we already have? Hm...oh well. The current set is quite comprehensive.
Old 08-27-05, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never got around to picking the set up the first time around. Guess I may luck out.
Old 08-27-05, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Should this get moved to the International Forum?
Old 08-27-05, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am fine with the three disc set. The transfers look great and there are already plenty of extras.
Old 08-27-05, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank god, i thought this was gonna be a double dip.
Old 08-28-05, 02:44 PM

The Jap version of this looks to be the best one, with tons of extras; replica license plate, (2) kubricks, etc...It's an LE release & very expensive. Something like $100+USD!

I will likely go for this massive release!