Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Atomik Circus.....I think I have seen it all now!!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Atomik Circus.....I think I have seen it all now!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-05, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
Where did you order from? I ordered mine from ThaiNetCity on 9/5 and it shipped on 9/8. I got it yesterday (9/16). I've ordered from ethaicd on other occassions and seem to remember them being fairly quick as well (1 week shipping).
I ordered mine from ThaiNetCity.com.
Old 09-22-05, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Z
Wasn't quite as much fun as I was hoping. The comparison to Undead came to my mind as well, in a negative way, but this was a better film than that one. Still, it has some entertainment value for B-movie aficiandos, and for $7 shipped I hardly feel ripped off.

And yes, the DVD is anamorphic and 5.1. The picture is very heavily filtered and looks kind of muddy, unfortunately.

I am in this catagory also... a little more could have happened in the first hour +.
Old 09-22-05, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by d2cheer
I am in this catagory also... a little more could have happened in the first hour +.
Agreed.. For a 90 minute movie, it was definately a slow build-up. I thought it was decent, and worth the $5.00. I probably would've enjoyed it more if my expectations of it weren't so high.
Old 09-22-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by raining_helper
I ordered this a while back, and it was shipped on August 29th. It still has not yet arrived. Did it take this long for anyone else to receive their DVD?
I also received shipping confirmation (for Atomik Circus and Tropical Malady) on August 29 from ThaiNetCity.com, and haven't received anything yet. They say to e-mail them if orders haven't arrived within 28 days, which will be this Monday. I suppose I'll wait until then.
Old 09-26-05, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some Spoilers (I guess)-

Man, i guess i was seeing a different movie than others who were raving, nothing here screamed "Way Out!" like everyone seemed to be saying, hell, this movie to me was almost a dead ringer to Wild Zero but nowhere near as fun. The sleazebag agent was funny but the first half of the movie dragged WAAAYYYY too long ( the muddy picture and lack of background music during alot of the movie didnt help pacing either), not even the cool bar shootout could save it, and what was up with the animatronic dog? The ending could have also been cool but just left me perplexed. And yes, for $7 shipped it wasn't that big a deal.
Old 09-27-05, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by harosa
and what was up with the animatronic dog?
Oh man, that was terrible. I don't think it was even animatronic. Looked a lot like a hand puppet.
Old 09-27-05, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The dog was obviously supposed to be seen as a puppet. The director was totally not trying to make the audience believe that the dog was real or supposed to look real, eventhough the dog is "real" within the movie. That's one of the traits that makes the movie bizarrely unique...
Old 09-27-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

An update, mainly for raining_helper...I e-mailed ThaiNetCity yesterday, after the 28 days had passed, and "Nash" responded within an hour, telling me that they will check with the Post Office and let me know what they find.

I'm not sure how they will resolve it if the Post Office can't seem to locate it, but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Old 09-27-05, 11:41 AM

For that price and the review I couldn't resist.
eThaicd has some really good prices!!
Thanks for the recommendation!!!
Old 09-27-05, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by printerati
An update, mainly for raining_helper...I e-mailed ThaiNetCity yesterday, after the 28 days had passed, and "Nash" responded within an hour, telling me that they will check with the Post Office and let me know what they find.

I'm not sure how they will resolve it if the Post Office can't seem to locate it, but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Thanks for the update.
I am going to drop them an e-mail today since mine has not yet arrived.
Old 09-27-05, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmmmm... this is the first time I've used ThaiNetCity, but I'm not impressed.
My order sat unshipped for several days before they finally emailed that they are out of several titles -- including Atomik Circus, apparently! (I ordered 3 copies for friends, and they only have 2 to spare.) On top of that, they say that they can't reduce the shipping total, which with the fewer DVDs in the order is now almost $5 more than their web site says it should be!
I've already emailed them to reduce the shipping or I'll dispute the charges with my credit card company, but this is putting a very bad taste in my mouth...
Old 09-28-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ethaicd.com is always tops with me, cheap prices, free shipping and everything usually arrives in about a week, and this is from Thailand which always suprises me when packages mailed within the US takes longer sometimes. And about the animatronic dog, yeah, I get the joke the dog is real within the movie, but why bother? Just being weird for weird's sakes.
Old 09-28-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder how some people get their stuff from ethaicd within a week. Mine always take at least two weeks.
Old 09-28-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Quick question -- kinda irrelevant at the moment, but oh well -- can anyone confirm whether the Thai R3 "Atomik Circus" and "Banlieue 13" discs are CSS encoded or not? My only accessible DVD player can hack region coding unless it's CSS encoded (meaning some of my non R-1 discs are fine while other won't play).

Any info would be appreciated. I've already ordered the discs and i'm awaiting shipment from my home in the US.
Old 09-28-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
Quick question -- kinda irrelevant at the moment, but oh well -- can anyone confirm whether the Thai R3 "Atomik Circus" and "Banlieue 13" discs are CSS encoded or not?
I don't believe Atomik Circus is...I gave my disc to my brother (as a gift)...and he did not have any problems with it (he is using a Phillips player that his family got from Holland...and this player does not play certain R1 Columbia titles...). That is as much as I could "confirm".

Pro-B
Old 10-02-05, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just received an update from ThaiNetCity. They are going to ship a new order to me while the Post Office investigates the first order.

Unfortunately, I have to put my mail on hold for a couple of weeks since I'll be on my honeymoon, but I hope it's waiting for me upon my return.
Old 10-03-05, 03:02 PM

Just an update that I have finally received my copy from ThaiNetCity. Shipped August 29, and arrived October 3. That is quite the wait for a small padded envelope.

I will have to watch it in the next few days.
Mine came in a slimcase, is that how all Thai discs are packaged?
Old 10-06-05, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Joshua B
pro-bassoonist, thanks for taking the time to write your review and for your enthusiasm which, as you can see by all the orders your inspired, was a success. I just ordered a copy from thainetcity.com.
My copy arrived on September 29th, so it took 13 days. It's in a slim case.
Old 10-06-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FWIW, eThai has surprisingly fast shipping to Boston... less than a week on both orders I've made.

Also, both "Tropical Malady" and "Atomik Circus" came in the slim cases, but I'm not sure if this is the way all Thai discs are packaged.
Old 10-06-05, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

not all, some come in regular cases, other come in cardboard fouldout cases like Necromancer and zee oui and other come in keep cases with cardboard slip cover like cashern and six.
Old 10-26-05, 10:40 AM

"SARS WARS"

Must have DVD of 2005 if you liked "AC"
No links, or reviews....DIY...
Well... I'll go "upscale"
Ok, here you go fellow mutants:
http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...goryid=31&cs=1

You know the drill where to find it.
Old 10-26-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Strangely enough, although Atomik Circus wasn't CSS, my Banlieue 13 disc (same distributor) was -- oh well, at least I was able to find a nice, cheap, hackable player at the PX. Otherwise I woulda been really pissed.
Old 10-28-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, my replacement order hasn't arrived yet, but the first order arrived on 10/18. raining_helper and I must have picked the wrong day to place an order.
Old 12-31-05, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just watched this and found it very entertaining in that b-movie-aspiring-for-cult-status way. But the reason I'm posting is that it seems to be a lovecraft-derived story - the aliens are referred to as "shub-niggurat" in the subtitles which is very close to the "shub-niggurath" of the cthulhu mythos from HP Lovecraft which are nasty dark oily creatures with long vicious tentacles - kinda like in the movie.