Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

outside of this forum, whats the best way to keep up to date with non-r1 limited dvds

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

outside of this forum, whats the best way to keep up to date with non-r1 limited dvds

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-05, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty much topic. i was just wondering if there was a dvd news site that keeps up to date with foreign dvds with limited editions. i just went region free and would like to know about these titles in advance. i'm mainly looking at american films that have better versions outside r1. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-07-05, 01:09 AM

This is one of the best places.

You have to do your own homework.

Looking at international DVD stores coming soon lists is also a good idea.

I tend to keep lists of interesting films/directors and then trace over that interest to DVD.

Some sites I visit:
www.twitchfilm.net
www.shadowsonthewall.co.uk
www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3?stat=ok&mvis=ok

Film sites are sometimes better than DVDs sites because I can keep an eye on things months before the DVD appears and sometimes years before it appears in the UK or USA.

Whatever you do, please post what you find here.
Old 06-07-05, 01:30 AM

Hi Guys

If you want to keep updated with the latest LE's and already released ones, I am part of the moderating team for a place called 'The Import Forum'. The main thing for our forum is Limited Editions

Please come and have a look: http://www.dvdtherapyjapan.com/phpbb2/
Old 06-07-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

cooey, nine times out of ten, when someone promotes a forum that they own or moderate, the forum has about five members and ten threads none of which are very good. Yours looks to be a very nice exception. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely be checking it out.

Edit -- Okay, after checking it out I find that it's not really my cup of tea, but it looks to be a great resource for people who collect LEs.

Last edited by Yakuza Bengoshi; 06-07-05 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-07-05, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cooey
Hi Guys

If you want to keep updated with the latest LE's and already released ones, I am part of the moderating team for a place called 'The Import Forum'. The main thing for our forum is Limited Editions

I'm a member at this forum, and this is definitely the place to go. Most of the members are in the UK and Europe, but there are also members from Asia, Austrailia, and the US too. The forum loves to talk about limited editions, and there are pictures of people's collections, a trading section, and also a bargain section (for you people looking for the Friend Ultimate Edition Tin, you can find it at yesasia right now for $18.99).
Old 06-07-05, 09:15 AM

thanks for all the help guys!
Old 06-07-05, 09:42 AM

Too bad the posts there read like a teen chat line.
Old 06-07-05, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

These guys have a decent selection of LE's http://www.koreapop.com/video.pfm?mode=le. The only problem is, they are outrageously priced or list an active inventory for stuff that has been OOP everywhere else .. and for some times one year or so. Anyway, never purchased from these guys, so I can't comment, but they do have a fairly comprehensive R2/3 listing .. at least to give you all an idea as to what's available.
Old 06-07-05, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by visitor Q
These guys have a decent selection of LE's http://www.koreapop.com/video.pfm?mode=le. The only problem is, they are outrageously priced or list an active inventory for stuff that has been OOP everywhere else .. and for some times one year or so. Anyway, never purchased from these guys, so I can't comment, but they do have a fairly comprehensive R2/3 listing .. at least to give you all an idea as to what's available.
From what I've learned, these guys are basically asiandb.com.
Old 06-07-05, 11:47 PM

Sifu, it's ashame all you can say about that forum is it 'reads like a teen chat'. Pffft to you man.

That board is an amazing source of info for overseas DVDs. Ppl there are always extra helpful. There are pics of almost every super limited rare DVD out there, which they'll be kind of enough to show ya.

Amazing in your 'few' minutes of time there, that you got just that out of it. Your loss.

Ever hear the cliche 'If you don't got anything nice to say....'
Old 06-08-05, 01:10 AM

That's an excellent info source, thanks. I've added it to my bookmarks.
Old 06-08-05, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sifu
You are wrong man!... that is the best forum for LE hunter..... The best ever....
Old 06-08-05, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sifu
What are you talking about? This forum is by far the best around for LEs. I would ignore that ridiculous comment and have a look for yourself. The best resource around full stop
Old 06-08-05, 04:29 PM

Guys thanks for all of the nice comments! On behalf of myself and the other moderators/admin of the Import Forum, thank you!
Old 06-08-05, 11:55 PM

I never said it was a bad place to go for information or that people there weren't nice, or that I had only spent a "few" minutes of time there. Please don't put words in my mouth. Not everyone has to like the same thing.

For me it doesn't work because there is too much fluff and excessive posting. There is nothing wrong with that if it's what you want, or if it doesn't bother you, but I just prefer a different format. And there is nothing wrong with that either.
Old 06-09-05, 04:52 PM

Fair comment My advice would be to look past the excessive posting and find information on just about every LE out there.......
Old 06-10-05, 06:38 AM

I have to agree and say that the level there is not my style either BUT I did look past it and ordered the new Jap LE versions of Jaws and Shawshank with the info there and will keep checking it out too...