Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

The Eye 10 review

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Eye 10 review

This movie blew. End of review.
Old 05-24-05, 10:24 AM

Yes it did. I almost purchased the DVD also and then I came to my senses and rented it first. Man does it SUCK.

But I guess that means it'll be remade also!!! lol
Old 05-24-05, 03:14 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the warning. BTW I enjoyed the first Eye. How is Eye 2 in comparison?
Old 05-24-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What happened to Parts 3 - 9?
Old 05-25-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Apparently, it's called The Eye 10 because it's about the ten different ways a person can see a ghost.

I wish I'd known it was so bad before I ordered it. :P My copy should be showing up at the end of the week.
Old 05-25-05, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Eye 2 wasn't as good as the first, but at least it was tons better than this piece of crap. The Pang Bros decided to go comedic on this one, and while that could be entertaining, it just turned out stupid. It almost seemed to try and be like a Scary Movie or something (even poking fun at the original Eye, the one truely funny part in the film), but failed nonetheless.
Old 05-26-05, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, I just picked this up for my friend and we were set to watch it this weekend, I better collect my money beforehand. Thanks for not going all spoiler in your review.
Old 05-30-05, 01:13 PM

I loved the first one, and enjoyed the second one a lot. So I went out on a limb and ordered Eye 10 on cdwow. It should arrive today actually.

I really dig the Pang aesthetic. I thought Abnormal Beauty was a gorgeous film. So if Eye 10 has a good sense of style I should enjoy it a bit ... i hope?!?
Old 06-03-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So what did you think raining helper?

BTW, yes, Abnormal Beauty was nice to look at, but I can't say much for the story....not to mention the subtitle translation was really bad.
Old 07-09-05, 10:44 AM

Okay ... after just moving and now setting my home theatre up, I had the chance to watch this movie last night.
Yikes. Was it ever bad, not even the stylistic direction of the Pang Bros could have saved this atrociously misdirected film. The biggest complaint I have is that the film was not scary at all. It did not even seem to try to be scary. It was way too lame with childish humor and a "plot" that bordered on non existence. Why did they make the decision to make a outright goofball HK style ghost-comedy movie?!?!
Eye 10 is a big dissapointment.
Aa mentioned above the only funny scene is a reference to the first film. But what the hell was up with the dance scene and the horrible special effects?

As for the DVD. It looked great, nice colors and sharp image. The DTS mix seemed to leave something to be desired, and was not as aggressively involving as the excellent mix that Eye 2 recieved.
Bascially saty away from this movie.

On a side note - I just purchased The Tesseract, which is Oxide Pang's english language directorial debut. Let's hope it is better than Eye 10.