Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What's the best place to buy "Devdas" on DVD online?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 05-11-05, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been wanting to see this movie for a while. I'm looking for something decently priced.

I think the main official distributor is Eros, correct?
Old 05-12-05, 12:36 AM

I believe this may be the cheapest I can get it:
http://216.122.236.174/datacart/prod...ProductId=4890

I doubt I can get it anywhere cheaper, but if I am wrong, please let me know!
Old 05-12-05, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I don't think you are wrong....this is a pretty good price...just make sure it is the real thing and not a boot.

Pro-B
Old 05-12-05, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Vision of Love
I believe this may be the cheapest I can get it:
http://216.122.236.174/datacart/prod...ProductId=4890

I doubt I can get it anywhere cheaper, but if I am wrong, please let me know!
That is a good price , but beware there are "rumors" that the place mixes used disks with new ones !

For discussion on Bollywood ( Movies, Music, DVD's etc.) check out www.zulm.net ( I hope its ok to post other board URL - mods feel free to delete the post if its inappropriate)
Old 05-12-05, 09:19 PM

Thanks, pro-bassoonist and dvdisoil. I found this link in an older Hindi/Bollywood movie thread though and it was mentioned a few times, so I thought people have had mainly positive experiences buying from them.
Old 05-13-05, 01:57 PM

IndiaWeekly (the one linked above) used to be the best Bollywood site out there. Very reliable, cheap prices, and they would even price match any lower prices. But, they have gotten to be VERY unreliable at times. I would place an order and (when it normally took 2 or 3 days and I would have it in the mail) I would go a week or so, and it wouldn't even ship. I'd finally have to email them and only then would it ship. This went on several times. I don't know what happened with them. I've heard from others that this is still going on there.

Nehaflix is another great retailer. I don't know if they price match, but they are very fast shipping. I once had a shipment from them the day after ordering, using regular shipping too. I checked and they have the 3 disc set of DEVDAS for $24.99 (it is sold out at IW).

And one thing about Bollywood DVDs, if you wait a while, prices normally drop quite a bit. What are $20 DVDs now will be $5 in a few months. Although DEVDAS is a couple years old now so it has probably dropped and gone back up.

As for the film, not my favorite Bollywood.
Old 05-16-05, 04:28 PM

If you are "around Toronto" why use mail order for a bollywood film? Drive up to Scarborough. There are tons of East Indian import shops. This movie is all over.
Old 05-17-05, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by splattii
If you are "around Toronto" why use mail order for a bollywood film? Drive up to Scarborough. There are tons of East Indian import shops. This movie is all over.
I live in Mississauga and I don't have a car. I'd rather order it online that make that long commute to Scarborough... I guess I could check here in my immediate area but I think my friends probably wouldn't even know the official from the bootleg (they buy the 2-in-1 releases). There are so many bootlegs here.