Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection : Is this the best option ?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

This is a simple question .... or maybe not ....

Regarding this Bruce Lee Ultimate Fully Re-Mastered DVD Collection :

http://www5.cd-wow.com/detail_resul...duct_code=11448

I´ve read all the threads but I still do not understand ...

Is this the best Bruce Lee Collection ?

The pros and cons ... your advice ...please.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-24-05, 02:47 PM

I was thinking about it,
but the lack of English audio tracks on Enter the Dragon turned me off. It was originally in English.

The Other sets from North America aren't as good quality, video and audio wise.

But I don't know, I just prefer them over the Asian ones, even though overall the Asian Ultimate Bruce Lee is better quality.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-24-05, 05:23 PM

Here's the best Bruce Lee box set available in my opinion:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...ection-videos/
Old 03-26-05, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I have both the HKL (R2) and IVL sets. Slightly better pic quality on the IVL but it lacks the english dubs (which are really funny) and the hilarious Bey Logan commentaries. IMHO, those commentaries alone put the HKL above the IVL set. Stay away from the FOX set. They are the worst ones; non anamorphic and only the english dub. Fox was suppose to release the IVL set in R1 last October but still nothing 5 months later.
Old 03-27-05, 08:05 AM

The best set is in my opinion is the IVL set. It has Enter the Dragon and Game of Death 2, which are really good. HKL doesn't have that, but HKL, like mrhan (nice name!) said, has extras. The commentaries are great but it also has the reconstructed Game of Death. The Korean set is the same as the IVL set but lacks those two movies.

Picture and sound go to IVL but extras is easily HKL. What's more important to you?
Old 03-27-05, 01:48 PM

whats the IVL set ? linky ??
Old 03-27-05, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pat00139
The best set is in my opinion is the IVL set. It has Enter the Dragon and Game of Death 2, which are really good. HKL doesn't have that, but HKL, like mrhan (nice name!) said, has extras. The commentaries are great but it also has the reconstructed Game of Death. The Korean set is the same as the IVL set but lacks those two movies.

Picture and sound go to IVL but extras is easily HKL. What's more important to you?

Thanks! Someone finally noticed why I use that name. I've been using it for 8 years now and no one ever asked me why. As for the original post; I think he should just get both. However, I think he should also get the R1 2 disc ETD since it is better than the IVL version; contains the original language and the cool Blood and Steel doc.
Old 03-28-05, 08:11 AM

I have the HKL set. At the time of its introduction, I asked around and the consensus was that only ETD featured Bruce Lee's real voice.

Is this true of the IVL set? Do any of its language tracks feature the original actors voices?

In the IVL "Way of the Dragon", what language does Chuck Norris speak with the Original Cantonese Soundtrack ?
Old 03-28-05, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pigmode
I have the HKL set. At the time of its introduction, I asked around and the consensus was that only ETD featured Bruce Lee's real voice.

Is this true of the IVL set? Do any of its language tracks feature the original actors voices?

In the IVL "Way of the Dragon", what language does Chuck Norris speak with the Original Cantonese Soundtrack ?
They were all dubbed by voice actors but Bruce did dub a couple of the characters such as the Russian fighter in FoF and one of the gang members in WotD. Even though ETD was the only on that actually used his voice; it has a scene which was reinserted and redubbed by John Little. The producer of A Warrior's Journey.
Old 03-29-05, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by mrhan
They were all dubbed by voice actors...
Too bad. Oh well, I think I'm happy with what I have at the moment. Thanks.
Old 03-29-05, 09:11 AM

No prob, mrhan. I love Jim Kelly's delivery, 'Bullshit, Mr. Han, man.' Classic.

Anyway, here's a piece of info. Bruce Lee dubbed the african-american gang member from WotD.

I agree, getting with both sets is the best idea. The extras are great on the HKL set and the IVL set has more movies, and DTS tracks (and is NTSC, which I prefer...).
Old 03-29-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No prob, mrhan. I love Jim Kelly's delivery, 'Bullshit, Mr. Han, man.' Classic.

Anyway, here's a piece of info. Bruce Lee dubbed the african-american gang member from WotD.

I agree, getting with both sets is the best idea. The extras are great on the HKL set and the IVL set has more movies, and DTS tracks (and is NTSC, which I prefer...).
Yeah Bruce's delivery of "You mean to tell me you don't know what Chinese spare ribs are? Well, let me show you, man." or something along those lines were hilarious.
Old 12-28-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pulled this out 'cause I didn't want to start a new thread. Anyways, is there any truth to the rumour that HKL is going to release the uncut version of The Big Boss in 2006.

Check out pics of the cut scenes.

http://littledragon.builtfree.org/boss.html
Old 12-29-05, 10:14 AM

MrHan...

they are FOR SURE looking to do just that.
Old 12-29-05, 12:09 PM

I always thought the misssing footage was simply gone, not just hidden somewhere. If HKL can release it, I'm there.
Old 12-29-05, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Linn1
they are FOR SURE looking to do just that.
Seriously? Man, I hope so. I've been waiting for this to surface for years.
Old 12-30-05, 09:59 AM

Well,

I always thought the misssing footage was simply gone, not just hidden somewhere. If HKL can release it, I'm there.
the film was actually released in Taiwan and a couple of other places uncut, but the footage was supposedly not kept by the studio. A collector in the UK showed the full uncut print at a Bruce Lee Con in 79 and also there's at least two others that have original prints in their possession. It's a matter of time and effort really before we see it IMO.