Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

anyone see born to fight yet ??

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-15-05, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is up for order on a few places. Seems to be the same deal as the Thai Ong Bak dvd....no english subs.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this ?? Is it worth picking up ?? Anyone know of a legit release with english titles ??

I'm on the fence with this one. If its close to Ong Bak, I'd be willing to get the dvd and double dip when a release with english subs comes out. If its a marginal flick I can wait.

Any thoughts ??
Old 03-15-05, 11:53 AM

There is no legit Born To Fight DVD with English subs. I've ordered the Thai DVD last week from ethaicd.com, so I probably can write something about the movie around the weekend.
Old 03-15-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw this a while back without the English subs, and there's quite a bit more dialog than Ong Bak, so I'm gonna wait for a subbed version to come out. Isn't a UK edition coming out in June or something? Probably be picking up that one if the price is right.
Old 03-15-05, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I saw this a while back without the English subs, and there's quite a bit more dialog than Ong Bak, so I'm gonna wait for a subbed version to come out. Isn't a UK edition coming out in June or something? Probably be picking up that one if the price is right.
Ditto.

I doubled for Ong Bak after all the hype (which by the way I thought lived up to it), but will wait for this one. If it follows the same path as Ong Bak, I wouldn't be surprised if other distributors would rerelease this with subs within three months. I can wait ... well, sort of. Looks fun though.

However, if the wait were longer, I'd get the Thai disk now .. so, I'm banking on the OB theory.
Old 10-15-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Born to Fight" R2 UK DVD from Momentum and releasing October 24th is now available for pre-order via CD-WOW at a price of $14.95 (after discount link and not including $2 off DVDTALK voucher). It's listed at 11.99 GBP on sites like AmazonUK, Sendit, and Play.

One thing - I'm not certain on the language/subs specs. for the disc, AmazonUK/CD-WOW don't really have any, Play is mentioning English language, Sendit is showing Thai language/English subs. Once again I ask, is it really that difficult to offer consumers the techical specifications on these DVDs.
Old 10-15-05, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by flixtime
"Born to Fight" R2 UK DVD from Momentum and releasing October 24th is now available for pre-order via CD-WOW at a price of $14.95 (after discount link and not including $2 off DVDTALK voucher). It's listed at 11.99 GBP on sites like AmazonUK, Sendit, and Play.
Can you use the $2 off link, and the $2 off voucher? I wasn't aware of any DVDTALK voucher, and that would be awesome to get an additional $2 off every order.
Old 10-15-05, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shagrath, the following is copied from one of my earlier posts in the "Azumi" thread:

Geoff first advertised it ["it" being the DVDTALK voucher] on the homepage about 6 weeks ago. You can find it now by clicking the "Coupon" tab at the top of the page; it's right there at the top of the section. Just enter your e-mail address and the $2 voucher is sent immediately to your e-mail. It is a unique code so it is 1-time use only and if you try and enter the same e-mail again, you will get a code but it will be the same one and will read as "already used" or something to that effect when you try to place an order. You can however use a different e-mail address and get another unique voucher which you can use.

CD-WOW is more vigilant now when it comes to not permitting the use of both the discount link and a voucher. Some have placed orders using this combined method to find that they will be cancelled at a later date. However, I did successfully combine the discount link and DVDTALK voucher some time back and had no issue.

Maybe Geoff should run the CD-WOW voucher info. again on the homepage or as a sticky at the top of this forum. It looks like a number of people missed it the first time 'round.
Old 10-15-05, 04:57 PM

The sequel to Ong Bak wont even hit theaters in the states until December 06
Old 10-16-05, 11:11 AM

Born to Fight has more dialogue than Ong Bak? Well, maybe in the first half but there is literally no dialogue at all in the back half because there's simply no time for it. BTF is a stunt film more than a fight film and the plot is stock stuff all the way - there's absolutely no need for subs to follow what's happening - but the stunts are absolutely staggering. I like this one a lot ...
Old 10-24-05, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Has anyone picked up the UK DVD released today?
Old 10-24-05, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received my disc a couple of days back. I just watched it and am here to say that "Born to Fight" is a terrific b-movie!

I really enjoyed this one - so much so that I was tempted to watch it over again right away. While I did find "Ong Bak" enjoyable, I personally feel that "Born to Fight" is a much better movie. It got my adrenaline pumping and moves at a blistering pace (take your bathroom break beforehand and have the snacks at your side because this film leaves you little opportunity to pause once it starts). I didn't even feel that 90 minutes had passed when all was said and done. The story is standard stuff but I liked it, there isn't really any great depth of character development or anything like that yet I still cared about the good guys - everyone one of them, and wanted to see the bad guys get was coming to them. In that way, the primal appeal of the film is solid. Also, there were a couple of winks and nods to forerunners in the action film genre.

"Born to Fight" is what it is - a supremely entertaining "b" action film, so don't expect much play towards your intellectual side, and with the notable exception of the stunt work - "Born to Fight" is not great cinema but that in no way prevents me from giving it a very enthusiastic thumbs up.......sit back and enjoy.

All bow to Thailand - the new gods of action cinema!
Old 10-24-05, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the info. Mine shipped today from Amazon.co.uk. I can't wait to see it.